Thursday, November 21, 2013

More Cookies from Arizmendi Bakery

I've reviewed baked goods from Arizmendi before, so I'll keep this short and sweet.  I still fondly remember their muffins and scones, but the cookies are still just cookies.  Good cookies, but never the thing I really go to.
Spicy Chocolate Shortbread.
Wow, this packed some heat!  I know it said spicy chocolate, but I didn't expect it to have SOOO much intensity.

Anyway, it was a classic shortbread, with crunchy chocolate bits, and uh, something spicy.  Like Mexican chocolate, but in a shortbread.  I really enjoyed it paired with my coffee.
Cinnamon Anise Shortbread.
This is the one I expected to have the more intense flavor, as it featured both cinnamon and anise.  The top was brushed with cinnamon, and there were little bites of anise in it.  The flavors were subtle though, which was fine, just not what I expected.  Or maybe my taste buds were just blown from the spicy chocolate!  I appreciated the crunch from the anise bits.
Arizmendi Bakery on Urbanspoon
Related Posts with Thumbnails