Sunday, August 10, 2014

David's Chocolate

David's is a Belgian confection maker, specializing in assorted types of chocolate confections.  For the holidays, they make chocolate bunnies and eggs for Easter, a large assortment of goodies for Christmas, and of course, assorted filled hearts for Valentine's.  During the rest of the year, they make assorted truffles, chocolate bars, and barks, along with chocolate covered ... everything: dried fruit, cookies, pretzels, popcorn, sponge toffee, even potato chips.  Oh, and peanut butter & jam bites that sound totally amazing.  They also make licorice, the only non-chocolate offering.

I wish I had a chance to try some of the chocolate covered offerings, but so far, I've only managed to find their products once around town, and I don't remember where it was.  Doh!
Mélange à Trois
I had the Mélange à Trois bar: "a delightful blending of our fabulous sponge toffee and pretzel bits with Belgian dark chocolate."

It was a very firm, thick, sturdy bar, hard to break off just a piece.  Rich, quality dark chocolate.  The pretzel and toffee both provided a nice crunch, although the toffee was a spongy style, like sugar honeycomb, so it was a bit tacky, and got stuck easily in my teeth, making the experience of eating it a bit odd.  The pretzel gave a bit of additional salt, which is always nice in a chocolate bar, and the toffee gave a little sweetness to balance out the darker chocolate.  Well thought out ingredients, even if I didn't care for the toffee texture.

Overall, it was quite tasty, and I didn't share it with my sampling club ... sorry!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails