Friday, September 12, 2014

Good Boy Organics

As you know, I love discovering snack foods, and in particular, chips.

When I visited one of my other offices (I think it was Cambridge?), they were stocked with different brands of snacks, so I was of course excited to try them out.

Good Boy Organics makes two types of snacks "Organicasaurus", aka, baked organic corn snacks shaped like dinosaurs, and "BOPS", aka baked potato crisps.  They also make ... pasta sauces.  A rather random set of goods, for sure.

All the snacks are supposed to be a bit healthier than standard, baked rather than fried, 65% less fat that traditional chips.  And of course, non-GMO, gluten-free, organic, etc.
Cheddar Cheese Organicasaurus.
First, the Organicasaurus.  Baked corn snacks that are indeed shaped like dinosaurs. Available in "Sea Salty", "Tangy Tomato", or, as I had, Cheddar Cheese.

I expected these to taste pretty much like any other cheese puff on the market, just in a more fun shape.  And indeed, they did taste like a corn puff, light and airy.  And yes, it was fun to hold them by the tail and bite of the heads.

But ... they didn't have any cheesy flavor, which is kinda the point.  And sadly, no orange covered fingers resulted from eating them.  Disappointing, and I wouldn't get again ... unless I wanted to eat flavorless, non-GMO, gluten-free air.
Sour Cream & Onion BOPS.
The other snack line is BOPS (Baked Organic Potato Snacks).  Also available in a few flavors, like sea salt, barbeque, aged white cheddar, and sour cream and onoin.

They really were lighter than standard potato chips, but the texture was a bit like packing peanuts.  The flavor was good though, I genuinely enjoyed the sour cream and onion flavor, and didn't share my bag full.

Not what I'd seek out, but, not bad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails