Thursday, September 29, 2016

All Star Donuts

Another day, another co-worker treating us to donuts.  Given my love for donuts, this is never a bad thing.

This selection came from AllStar Donuts, a no frills donut shop (and uh, cafe with burgers and Asian inspired rice plates ...).  I haven't visited myself, but given the location at 9th & Mission, I imagine it isn't the sort of place you really want to spend much time.  That said, they had good donuts.

Our co-worker brought a selection of raised, glazed donuts: chocolate glaze, maple glaze, and honey glaze.  Since the others were all chocoholics, I let them go for those, but I'll admit, the chocolate glaze looked pretty great.  I only got to try one donut, so, I can't comment on much else, but my donut was quite good, and if anyone showed up with All Star Donuts again, I'd gladly accept them.
Maple Glazed Raised Donut. $1.
I opted for the maple glaze, mostly based on the wonderful maple aroma.  Mmm, maple!

This was a shockingly good basic raised donut.  It was huge, no skimpy donuts here.  Fluffy, light as air.  It didn’t taste greasy or heavy.  Fantastic raised donut.

The maple glaze was generous but not overwhelming.  Sweet, with a nice maple flavor.

I usually go for more decadent creations like fritters or jelly donuts, but, this was an excellent raised donut.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails