Most recently, one of the shops available on GoPago had a large selection of Ritter Sport, and so one co-worker went to use up his credits there before they expired. And being the great co-worker he is, he shared :) Below are my notes from assorted tastings.
- Edelbitter: Plain dark chocolate, 71% cacao: Tasting notes: Very dark for a 71%. Rich, creamy, really like an intense brownie. Quite good.
- Dark Chocolate with Marzipan: Tasting notes: Dark chocolate with sweet marzipan filling. Filling a little gritty. Not very interesting.
- Voll-Nuss: Milk chocolate with whole hazelnuts. Tasting notes: creamy milk chocolate, soft, decent whole hazelnuts, chocolate + hazelnut combo is classic and tasty. [ decent creamy milk chocolate but not too much it. Hazlenuts are great though. ]
- Knusperkeks: Crisp butter cookie teamed up with cocoa cream in luscious milk chocolate. Tasting notes: Creamy milk chocolate ... with a biscuit in the middle. Big crunch.
- Bourbon Vanille: Tasting notes: Creamy milk chocolate, very sweet filling. Didn’t taste bourbon at all (heh, was this just a special type of vanilla, not the liquior we were expecting?). Very, very sweet.
- Ganze Mandel: Milk chocolate with whole almonds. Tasting notes: Decently creamy milk chocolate, nice almonds.
- Weiße Voll-Nuss: White chocolate with whole hazelnuts. Tasting notes: Sorta sweet white chocolate, nice whole hazelnuts. [ Just sweet white chocolate, nice crispy bits, hazelnuts good roasting, but meh ]