Saturday, August 11, 2012

Jack In The Box

I accidentally put my e-mail address and birthdate into a site to get free birthday treats.  Well, sorta accidentally.  I thought I was just signing up for one thing ...

Anyway, as a result, I got a bunch of birthday freebie certificates, mostly all things that need to be used this week.  I certainly won't use them all, as some are entirely unappealing (anyone want some free chicken tacos from Del Taco?  Or an appetizer at Chevy's?) and a bunch are BOGOs (if anyone wants to pay for a pretzel at Auntie Anne's or a creation at Cold Stone, let me know, I'll tag along and get the free one!)

But many have no strings attached, like the promise of a free dessert from Jack In The Box.  Now, I've never had a single thing from Jack In The Box, but it said I got my pick of desserts (cheesecake or chocolate cake), and you know I always want more dessert!

I picked the cheesecake, assuming it was easiest to get right.  It uh, was very wrong.  But the girl was friendly and wished me a Happy Birthday!  I won't be returning.
NY Style Cheesecake: "A light and creamy cheesecake with a graham cracker crust".  $1.99.
This was one of the worst slices of cheesecake I've ever had.  It had absolutely no flavor.  I didn't know it was possible to make cheesecake that didn't have even the slightest cream cheese flavor!  The consistency was nice though, very creamy.  The graham cracker crust was totally forgettable, it was there, but also didn't taste like anything.

I heated up some of my mom's strawberry jam and topped it with that, and whipped cream, but even that didn't save it.  Meh!
Related Posts with Thumbnails