I first discovered Food Should Taste Good products at my office a few years ago. Since then, they have been popping up all over the place, now offered at most cafes around town.
I like the idea behind them, trying to make chips and snack foods out of more wholesome ingredients, yet still taste good. Unfortunately, I don't think they live up to their name. They offer three product lines: tortilla chips, kettle chips, and crackers. The tortilla chips are their signature line, and they have a slew of different flavors. I haven't ever cared for them. The kettle chips are better, but I wouldn't pick them over other kettle style chips. I've never tried the crackers.
- Multigrain Tortilla Chips: Made with flax, sunflower and sesame seeds. Interesting shape. Hearty tasting, but just strange as tortilla chips. Good salt level.
- Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips: Meh, still corn chips but with mild sweet potato flavor. Unhealthy and not actually tasty. [ Decent sweet potato flavor but still not great. ] [ Hearty tasting, but not much sweet potato. Good dipped in bean dip. ] [ Nothing all that great, subtle sweet potato flavor. ] [ Kinda healthy tasting, but not actually. Only slight sweet potato flavor. Not nearly salty enough. MEH. ]
- Jalapeño Tortilla Chips: Lightly spicy, very salty, but at end of day, just tortilla chips [ Zesty, but not anything special. ]
- Cheddar Tortilla Chips: Not very cheddar-y, multigrain taste, meh. [ Nice and cheesy, hearty flavors from quinoa/flax/etc ]
|Blue Corn Tortilla Chips.|
These are made with flaxseed and quinoa, along with the blue corn. I thought those ingredients would make them taste healthy, but they don't. Which I guess makes sense, since they are insanely unhealthy, even compared to regular potato chips.
Anyway, I liked the blue corn flavor more than the basic multigrain chips, but I just don't like flax, and that flavor was too strong. Good salt level though.
- Original Sweet Potato Kettle Chips: Crispy, salty, decent sweet potato flavor, not bad. [ Very sweet potatoey, but dried out and not very salted. ]
- Barbecue Sweet Potato Kettle Chips: Pretty good, best of the sweet potato chips. [ Crispy kettle chips, nice flavor from sweet potato, good bbq coating. I like these.]
- Salt & Vinegar Sweet Potato Kettle Chips: Salty, nice.