Friday, October 19, 2012

Halfpops

Halfpops are a snack food that I want to love.  They sound like they should be incredible, basically a cross between a corn nut and popcorn.  I love popcorn.  I love crunchy things.  But ... I just don't love these.  I've tried them a number of times, hoping I was just not in the right mood for them, but I'm still yet to be really impressed.  They come so close ...
  • Natural Butter & Pure Ocean Sea Salt: Tasting notes: Crunchy, kinda fun to eat.  These were very salty. [ I want to like these more than I do.  I love the concept, but this flavor isn’t really that great. ] [ I really, really want to like these, but they aren’t quite interesting enough.  Not enough butter nor salt flavor to really … pop. ]  [ Growing on me, but still not that great.  I love the crunch, just wish the flavor was better. ] [ Ok, i like these now.  Crunchy, salty, nice ] [ Taste almost burnt, too crunchy, not enough that are ... half popped. ]
  • Aged White Cheddar: Tasting notes: Nice cheddar flavor, better than butter and salt version.  crunchy, pretty decent. [ Wish these were better.  I want to love them, like the crunch, like the cheddar, but they fall short.  Not enough cheddar. ] [ Decent cheesey flavor, very crunchy, not bad ] [ Salty, cheesy, yum. ]

Related Posts with Thumbnails