Of course, during my time, I tried a bunch from the most famous smoothie chain around: Jamba Juice. I didn't really like any, but, I also was pretty seriously hating on smoothies by that point. I'm not sure I can give an unbiased opinion on this one ...
|Peanut Butter Moo'd. $4.45.|
The consistency was decent, like a slightly-more-blended-than-usual milk shake. It didn't separate or get weird as time passed. It had a slight chocolate flavor, balanced out by some banana flavor, and some peanut butter than came through on the finish. Overall though, the flavors didn't pop. I really wanted to taste the chocolate, or the peanut butter, or even the banana more, they all just somewhat masked each other.
I got this as a "Last Days of Summer" promotion where all smoothies were $1, so that was very good price. $4.45 seems a little pricy, but in line with all of their other drinks. I wouldn't get this again.
[ No Photos ]
- Banana Berry: "Bananas, Nonfat Frozen Yogurt, Blueberries, Raspberry Sherbet" : Tasting notes: too sweet, too yogurty, too thick (with soy protein boost) [ Not too much banana, fairly refreshing, not bad ]
- Berry Bitten (Special for Twilight promotion). "Mixed berry juice, raspberry sherbet, strawberries, blueberries, frozen yogurt, ice." Tasting notes: This was nicely balanced, sweet and tart, and fairly refreshing!
- Mango Mantra Light: Tasting notes: My mom got this one, I tried a taste. It was not as sweet as the others, kinda ok. They seem to have discontinued it.
- Orange Dream Machine: "Nonfat Frozen Yogurt, Soymilk, Orange sherbet." Tasting notes: best so far, not a classic smoothie though (aka, no fruit, just juice/soy/yogurt/sherbet - indulgent!) More of a dessert, for sure. It was even decent put in cooler and finished later. Reminded me of a creamsicle.
- Peach Pleasure: "Orange Sherbert, Peaches, Bananas." Tasting notes: way too sweet, like most of their drinks. Do not like. [ Sweet, but not too sweet. Decent flavors. ]
- Pomegranate Pick Me Up: "Blueberries, strawberries, pomegranate juice concentrate, raspberries, greek yogurt." Tasting notes: nice tarness to balance out the sweetness. [ Really nicely blended and icy, but way too sweet. ]
- Pumpkin Smash (Seasonal). "Real pumpkin blended with frozen yogurt and a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg". Tasting notes: nicely blended, subtle pumpkin flavor, subtle soy. Nutmeg really came through. Not something I'd really want a full drink of, but tasty for a few sips.
- Tropical Mango O.N.E. Coconut Water: Tasting notes: blech. Do not like the mango flavor at all, can't taste the coconut water!
- Brie, Apple & Sweet Fig Sandwich: "Brie Cheese, Apple Pieces and Fig Spread on Sliced Raisin Bread". Tasting notes: The bread was mushy, and the brie was somehow flavorless. I didn't taste the fig spread. The apple was soft and the only part that tasted decent.