Thursday, March 28, 2013

Macarons from Sugarie

You know how much I love baked goods.  And I eat a lot of cookies.  Yet somehow, macarons have never been my favorite.  Not that I dislike them, but I usually would prefer something else, and I've never really understood why people obsess about them.

Until that is, I discovered Sugarie, at my local Williams-Sonoma's artisan's market.  These are by far the best macarons I've ever had in my life.  Far better than the much publicized ones from Top Chef: Just Dessert's winner Yigit Pura's Tout Sweet.  Better than the ones from the slew of La Boulange cafes all over the city.  But ... they are located in San Mateo, and don't have a storefront.  Luckily, I found out they are also sold at Cako in San Francisco.

Go get them.  Now.
Assorted Macarons.
These are the best macarons I've ever had.  In every variety I tried, the cookies were very good, the texture just right, delicate.  And all of the fillings are intensely flavorful.
  • Blueberry Champagne: Nice sweet filling, great blueberry flavor.
  • Black Sesame Banana: Strong banana flavor, sweet, good, nice pairing against the black sesame. [ Great banana flavor, not something I ever thought I'd want in a macaron, but perfect pairing. ]
  • Dark Chocolate Peppermint: Great mint flavor, nice dark chocolate.
  • Pecan Maple: Absolutely amazing flavor.  I love pecan pie.  I love maple syrup.  I was raised on those things :)  And this had all of those familiar flavors, packaged up into a perfect little bite.  So delicious.  My favorite.
  • Salted Caramel: Tons of salt, really great caramel flavor, very good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails