I recently tried out Sibby's, a cupcake bakery in San Mateo. They do not actually have a retail storefront, and are used only for catering and events, which is of course where I've run into them. I didn't really like any of them.
|Carrot Cinnamon. Mini. $2.25.|
The cake was moist, but almost mushy. It had flecks of carrot and I think zucchini in it. Not much flavor however.
Very disappointing, definitely not worth $2.25. This was the most expensive mini I've encountered.
|Pumpkin Spice. Mini. $2.25.|
Not very good overall, and again, not worth $2.25, although it was much larger than the first one.
[ No Photos ]
- Chocolate & Cream: “Rich chocolate cupcake with vanilla cream cheese frosting.” Tasting notes: Not very good chocolate cupcake, no real chocolate flavor, not moist, just sweet generic frosting.
- Confetti Surprise: “Moist vanilla cupcake with confetti sprinkles baked inside, topped with vanilla cream cheese frosting.” Tasting notes: Decent cupcake, sweet frosting, not bad but not anything special. Best of all of the ones I tried.
- Latte Love: “Vanilla cupcake with espresso-infused coffee buttercream frosting.” Tasting notes: Plain, not very good cupcake, good espresso flavor in the frosting.
- Lemon Drop: "Light lemon cupcake with fresh lemon buttercream frosting." Tasting notes: This was decent. The cake was very consistent, fairly moist, but I always like them better with a crispy top. The lemon flavor was subtle and nice. My favorite of their cupcakes thus far.
- Red Velvet: “Classic Red Velvet cupcake with extra-rich cream cheese frosting.” Tasting notes: Kinda dry not very great cupcake, subtle cream cheese frosting, not very good.