Friday, June 20, 2014

G.H. Cretors Popcorn

G.H. Cretors is a popcorn manufacturer, specializing in Chicago mix caramel corn.  They've claim to have been making popcorn since 1885, and still follow small batch recipes.

Of course, they are also up with the modern times, featuring non-GMO corn, no artificial colors or flavors, preservative free, gluten-free, and they use brown rice syrup for a sweetener (as opposed to corn syrup).

Since I love popcorn, particularly caramel corn, I had to give it a try.

Chicago Mix.
"G.H. Cretors signature Chicago Mix combines caramel corn and cheese corn in the same bag."

So, to be fair, this was my first time having Chicago Mix.  I knew it was a thing.  Cheesy popcorn and caramel corn, mixed together.  I like sweet and salty mixes, so this sounded potentially good.

But, it turns out, at least for me, cheese and caramel just do not mix.

The cheesy popcorn was well coated, very cheddar-y.  Good if you like cheddar popcorn.  The caramel corn was crunchy, sweet, and had a deep enough caramel flavor.  Also really well coated.

But together?  Cheese?  Caramel?  What?  I just couldn't get behind it.  I separated out my two flavors, and then realized that I just don't really like cheesy popcorn that much, so I gave the cheesy corn to Ojan, and ate the caramel corn on its own.  I did enjoy the caramel corn.  Of course, G.H. Cretors must have realized there are people like me, and my counterparts who like the cheese flavor only, so they also offer popcorn in "Just the Cheese" or "Just the Caramel Corn" flavors.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails