Friday, September 02, 2016

Sheila G's Brownie Brittle

Remember a few weeks ago when I reviewed HannahMax Cookie Chips?  This week, I'm featuring a similar product, a dessert turned into a chip.  This time, brownies.

Sheila G's company seems to make only one product: Brownie Brittle.  Although I'm not a huge fan of brownies (not that I mind them, and if you turn them into a sundae I'm happy, but, just a brownie is kinda boring), but I do love brittle.  And I love the story behind this product: the creator worked in a bakery, and loved scraping off the crispy edges from the brownie pans, the bits that were usually discarded.  She decided to try making a product out of them.  Given that I love, love, love scraping up the final bits of just about everything, this really appealed to me.  Plus, I love munching on snacks.

Brownie Brittle is available in a bunch of varieties: chocolate chip, mint chocolate chip, salted caramel, toffee crunch, peanut butter chip, and dark chocolate sea salt.

I tried only one variety, but, I enjoyed it.  It had all the flavor of a brownie, but was more fun to eat.  Definitely an interesting, successful, product, and I would love to try some of the more fun sounding flavors (peanut butter chip, I'm eying you!).
Chocolate Chip Brownie Brittle.
"One bite of our famous #1 selling flavored Chocolate Chip Brownie Brittle™ snacks and you'll be amazed at how we squeeze a mountain of chocolate goodness into a wafer-thin snack."

Given the name "brittle", I'll admit, I was expecting something more like peanut brittle, candied, harder.  These really are more like the aforementioned cookie chips, as in, crispy brownie chips, not brittle.  I know "brittle" is a more fun name, but, I'd rename them "Brownie Chips".

Anyway, semantics aside, the brittle was squares of crunchy thin brownie.  Really unlike anything I've had before.  I really appreciated the dark rich chocolate flavor, and the easy to nibble on form factor.  I of course wasn't satisfied with just a snack like this, and proceeded to dunk them in whipped cream, but, uh, that is just me.

Also notable is that the portion of brittle was only 120 calories, making it a pretty reasonable snack.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails