Thursday, January 31, 2013

DeLise Dessert Cafe

You know I love desserts, and in particular ice cream, so it should come as no surprise that I recently headed to DeLise Dessert Cafe to check out their offerings.

Yes, they are called a dessert cafe, and specialize in making their own ice creams, frozen yogurts, and sorbets of interesting flavors (12 per day, all with organic Clover or Straus base).   They also make a slew of mini desserts, perfect for being able to try many different things. This sounded right up my alley!

I only tried the ice cream, but I'm intrigued by the creative other desserts, including tiny cupcakes with interesting fillings (like a green tea cupcake with azuki filling, sesame frosting, sesame seeds) and treats (like miso sesame rice crispy treats).  They also apparently offer some sandwiches too, but who wants savory food when you can get sweets?

The ice cream I tried was all fine, and the flavor selection was certainly interesting, but it wasn't particularly remarkable, particularly in the consistency.  I expected something more from fresh made ice cream.  Full notes of the flavors I tried are below.
Single Scoop.  $2.50.
  • Triple Threat Ice Cream (Pumpkin, Pumpkin Ale, Pumpkin Seed Brittle): Decent pumpkin base ice cream, chunks of pumpkin seed brittle that tasted almost burnt.  Ok creaminess.  I liked the idea of the brittle in the ice cream.
  • Coconut Pandan Sorbet: Nice coconut flavor, ok creaminess, particularly for a sorbet..
  • Salted Caramel Brownie Ice Cream: No salted flavor, not caramel flavor.  Meh!
$2.50 seemed pricy for such a tiny scoop.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails