Some business visitors came from Zürich recently, and of course, you know what they brought. Maybe it was because they weren't super fresh (only a day old though), but I wasn't impressed. The macarons from Sugarie are still my favorites.
- Champagne Gold: This was super boozy tasting! No doubt what flavor it was. Brushed on top with gold coating. It went really well with tea. My second favorite.
- Caramel Fleur de Sel: Thick caramel filling, little bit of salt on top. I wanted to like this one more than I did. The filling was just too thick and strange feeling, but obviously it couldn't be runny or it would run all over the place. I think a caramel flavored cream might be more successful, or perhaps a cream and then thin caramel filling like some of the jelly filled ones.
- Pistacchio. The cream even had bits of pistacchio in it. I'm not a huge fan of pistacchio flavor though, so I didn't care for this one.
- Deluxe Cassis: "Extra-fruity cassis centre, embedded in a delicate champagne/cassis crème, enrobed in finest grand cru chocolate." This was certainly the most unique macaron I've ever seen. It looked a bit like a mushroom, with the chocolate coating only on the bottom. There was only one cookie, on top. Under that was intensely fruity cream (champagne and cassis), then a layer of cassis jelly, then another layer of the cream. So the bottom half was only cream/jam dipped in chocolate. It was intensely fruit flavored due to the jelly-like filling. The dark chocolate was quality.
- Raspberry: The filling contained both a jam and a cream. I loved the flavor of the jam, and the mix of cream and jam was far more interesting than just a cream. My favorite!
- ?. I have no idea what flavor this was. The inside filling was a creamy chocolate ganache, but I'm still uncertain as to what the cookie was. The filling was more fudgy than cream based.
- Chocolate. I think this had the same filling as the previous one, again, a fudgy chocolate filling rather than cream based. I thought I detected coconut, but that might have been my imagination.
- Hazelnut. Like the other nut based one, the cream filling had little bits of hazelnut in it. Strong hazelnut flavor.