Until that is, I discovered Sugarie, at my local Williams-Sonoma's artisan's market. These are by far the best macarons I've ever had in my life. Far better than the much publicized ones from Top Chef: Just Dessert's winner Yigit Pura's Tout Sweet. Better than the ones from the slew of La Boulange cafes all over the city. But ... they are located in San Mateo, and don't have a storefront. Luckily, I found out they are also sold at Cako in San Francisco.
Go get them. Now.
- Blueberry Champagne: Nice sweet filling, great blueberry flavor.
- Black Sesame Banana: Strong banana flavor, sweet, good, nice pairing against the black sesame. [ Great banana flavor, not something I ever thought I'd want in a macaron, but perfect pairing. ]
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint: Great mint flavor, nice dark chocolate.
- Pecan Maple: Absolutely amazing flavor. I love pecan pie. I love maple syrup. I was raised on those things :) And this had all of those familiar flavors, packaged up into a perfect little bite. So delicious. My favorite.
- Salted Caramel: Tons of salt, really great caramel flavor, very good.