Friday, February 21, 2014

Full Bloom Baking Co

The only place I've ever found Full Bloom Baking Co's products is aboard Virgin America.  And they carry only a single item.  But I like them, so every time I fly on Virigin, I always make sure to grab a package.  But alas, Virgin no longer carries them.  I need to figure out where else they are sold, as they are a local Bay Area company, so I should be able to find them somewhere!  They don't seem to have a website, or a retail location however, so I'm not sure where.

Full Bloom's tag line is that they "bring natural baked goods to the masses".  This mostly means that they use free-range eggs, natural ingredients, etc.  Their Facebook page shows that they make a variety of products, like muffins, scones, croissants, coffee cakes, tea loaves, and bars, but the only item I've ever found is the "Kuko bites".  The varieties of their other items sound really interesting, like Sweet Cherry Polenta scones, Blueberry Lemon Verbena muffins, and Bacon Cornflake bars.  If you know where I can find these, please let me know!
Kuko Bites!
Since I can't resist desserts, the first time I flew on Virgin, I ordered the only dessert-like option: Kuko Bites. They were almost like cookies, but gluten-free, dairy-free, oat based, and filled with assorted nuts, seeds, dried fruits, and cocoa nibs.   Hmm.

I actually didn't end up eating them on the flight, and decided that while they sorta looked like cookies, they made for a perfect excuse for breakfast too.  And indeed they paired nicely with my cup of tea!

They were really a mix between a cookie and a granola bar.  Soft, moist, and chewy, shaped like a cookie, but with the flavors of a granola bar.  Or perhaps just a really healthy oatmeal cookie.  They weren't bad, but I don't know why I'd pick them over a real, butter and sugar based, cookie.  But, if I was looking for a healthier treat, they did taste far better than any nutrition bars I've tried.  And like I said, perfect excuse for breakfast!

They have a good mix of things going on, with sweetness from fruit juice and dried fruit (cherries, raisins, and apricots) and crunch from cocoa nibs, goji berries, and pumpkin seeds.  I think the thing really missing were dark chocolate chunks to just kick them up a notch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails