Friday, May 25, 2018

Snacks from Snikiddy

I like to try many different snack foodschips in particular.  Snikiddy makes snack foods that are geared to be a bit healthier.  Their product lines include baked fries, cheese puffs, and chips, although all take a healthier slant.  All of the offerings are gluten-free, non-GMO, contain no corn syrup or preservatives, etc.

Baked Fries

The "fries" are really puffed potato and corn snacks.  And they are baked, not fried.  Don't go into these expecting anything remotely fry-like, the only part the lives up to the name is the fact that they are shaped like fries, and I guess, they do contain some potato.  Available in six flavors, of which I tried three.
Hot & Spicy Baked Fries.
I started with the intimidating sounding "Hot & Spicy" variety.

They had a really strange consistency, like a cheese puff, but crispier.  The sorta reminded me of eating air.  But the flavor was good, spicy for sure.

I still wouldn't get them again.
Cheddar Baked Fries.
Next, I went for the cheddar version.

Just like the hot and spicy version, they had a really strange consistency, something like what I imagine a packing peanut would be like.

The texture just threw me off too much to enjoy them, and I didn't really taste any cheddar either.  I liked the hot and spicy version more, but I wouldn't get either again.

[ No Photo ]
Southwest Cheddar Baked Fries.

These were my favorite.  They still had the same strange consistency, but were crazy zesty and totally addicting.

Baked Puffs

I finally got the chance to try the second of Snikiddy's product lines, the baked puffs.  Another healthy product line, and yes, gluten-free, non-GMO, no hydrogenated oil, no HFCS, etc.

Much like the baked fries product line, the baked puffs line sounds pretty amazing.  Mac N' Cheese flavored.  Grilled Cheese flavored.  I like Mac N' Cheese.  I like Grilled Cheese.  Although, to be honest, I was a bit confused how that was supposed to translate into puffs, exactly.
Mac N' Cheese Baked Puffs
"Simplicity at its best! Baked with mild cheddar cheese, these creamy baked corn puffs will put a smile on your face!"

I went for the Mac N' Cheese ones.They were ... boring.  Just corn based cheese puffs.  I'm not sure what I was expecting to be honest.  What would be mac and cheese about them anyway?

Airy, light, slighly cheesy, puffs.  No worse than any others, but nothing special here.

Eat Your Vegetables Chips

Snikiddy makes chips, but they are a bit different, stuffed full of 3 types of beans (navy, red, and black), and eight different vegetables (sweet potatoes, potatoes, carrots, kale, spinach, broccoli, tomato, mushrooms).  They come in five different flavors, but I only tried two.

Sea Salt: these had a really hearty flavor from the veggies, and were pretty good.  The salt level was good, but otherwise I did find them a bit lacking in flavor to just eat plain.  I wanted something to dip them in.  The next time I wound up with a bag of them, I decided to try dipping them in eggplant dip, and that turned out to be a great combination.  Who needs regular chips and dip when you can dip veggie chips in more vegetables?  It really did work, and I'd gladly do it again.

Sour Cream and Onion:  Since the sea salt seemed a bit plain, I also tried the sour cream and onion.  The hearty veggie flavor was too strong though, and I didn't really taste sour cream or onion, and they seemed a bit strange to dip into other things.  I preferred the plain sea salt over these.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails