Friday, August 19, 2016

King's Delicious

King's Delicious is a supplier of nuts and other packaged snacks for airlines, supermarkets, convenience stores, etc.  If you've had a packaged snack on Delta, American, United, Southwest, Alaska, Hawaiian, Spirit, Asiana, JetBlue, and more, you've likley had the products.  And if you haven't remembered the experience, well, that is because they are highly unremarkable.  At least I thought so.
Fancy Nut Mix.
"A Premium Blend of Roasted and Salted Cashews, Blanched Almonds, Natural Almonds and Honey Roasted Sesame Sticks."

The cashews were standard cashews, although smaller size than I’m used to.  Slightly salted.  My entire bag had exactly 3 cashews.  Not even distribution of components.

The almonds were skin-on, over-roasted and not very flavorful.  Again, generic.

The honey roasted sesame sticks had a good sesame flavor, and were crunchy, but did not have much flavor and weren't sweet enough for me.  They were my favorite element however.

This mix made me sad, as it was all things I should have liked, but was highly unremarkable.  It was sweet and salty, but not in a way that combined into the magic it should have.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails