Friday, September 09, 2022

Base Culture

DessertsBaked goods. As you know, if you read my blog regularly, these are things I eat far too much of.  I'm the type that ends every meal with a dessert.  Lunch and dinner.  Um, sometimes breakfast.  And usually I go for fresh, not packaged, desserts, but sometimes, you want something convenient.  And, hey, perhaps a bit healthier?  Enter Base Culture, a brand of healthier baked goods.
"Gluten free, grain free breads, baked goods, and nut butters that are deliciously clean.
Craving doesn't have to be complicated. That's why we focus on turning simple ingredients into nourishment that's nom-nom delicious."

I'll admit I almost didn't try just based on the gluten-free aspect, as, well, gluten free baked goods generally are not very good.   But still, I wanted to give them a chance.

Base Culture makes several product lines, but I focused on the most indulgent: the brownies.  Brownies come in either cashew or almond butter, or you can opt for the hybrid chocolate chip brookie.  They also make breads, breakfast bars, and nut butters.  They are rather high maintenance items, requiring refrigeration or freezing, not shelf stable.

Almond Butter Brownie.
"Enjoy an indulgent brownie made with only clean ingredients. Our Almond Butter Brownie is made with cocoa and drizzled with our own almond butter. "

Ok, a healthy brownie?  I know, but it did sound decent.  And the top had a nice shine.

Wow, this … this was not good.  It was dry, very very.  Not dense, not moist.  Just, dry.

The part with the almond butter swirl obviously tasted like almond butter, but, actually, the entire thing did too.  Even the parts that looked more like a traditional chocolate brownie still just tasted like almond butter.  You couldn’t get around the almond butter taste.

Maybe if you like almond butter goods, and don't want an actual brownie, you'd like this?  But, wow, not for me. *.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails