Thursday, July 25, 2024

Dough

Dough is a strange business.  They make two things: pizza and donuts.  This isn't all that strange, as, well dough is the base of each, but ... they aren't open past 2pm.  They aren't open at all on weekends.  So, a pizza place that is lunch only, weekdays only, that happens to also sell some donuts?  It just seems like a business model that wouldn't work out.  But anyway.

I've only had the donuts, but they aren't particularly special.

2023 Tastings

Assorted Donuts.
Dough makes all sorts of fun flavors, but this event had only basic chocolate and maple gazed, crumb, cinnamon sugar.  All were cake style donuts.
Chocolate Cake with Sprinkles.
I got the chocolate sprinkle.  It was a fairly greasy donut, kinda like NH style.  And a cake donut, which I don't usually prefer.  Nicely crisp though.  Good for a cake donut.  ***.
Donuts.
I clearly wasn't intending to review these, as my notes only say, "All were fine. Not great."

2024 Tastings

I haven’t really cared for Dough donuts before, but when a co-worker brought in a bunch, including raised donuts that I don’t think I’d tried before, of course I had to try.  Alas, they were not particularly good.
Cinnamon Roll.
First I snagged a hunk of the cinnamon roll.

Meh.  Tasted like bad oil.  Fluffy donut, good glaze, but not very fresh tasting. *+.
Strawberry & Cream.
Then it was time for ... the strawberry & cream!

Ok, so this looked awesome, and seemed far more interesting than a generic jelly donut.  In fact, it turned out not to be jelly at all, but instead, actually strawberries & cream.

But ... same meh donut base: fluffy, well glazed, but just not fresh tasting, old oil taste.  
Strawberry & Cream: Inside.
Inside looked great still but ... the strawberries were way too sweetened in goo, and didn't taste fresh at all.  

The white creme is the very fake style that I like for some reason (e.g. probably non-dairy, very sweet, and very stable due to all the chemicals).  So, yay for “creme”, but meh to the rest.  *+.

Sprinkle Iced Cake:
I also tried the sprinkle iced cake donut you can see in the background, just for completeness.  Very sweet icing, very sweet sprinkles, and again, fairly bad oil taste to the base donut. *.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails