Friday, September 07, 2012

Cookies from FreshMarket Neiman Marcus

Last night was Fashion Night out.  To celebrate, a number of stores were open late, and hosted parties inside the stores.  While most places simply handed you a glass of wine or champagne as you entered, a few had some sweets to enjoy as well.

Neiman Marcus had a somewhat strange assortment of treats: Popchips and new fiber Luna bars were their big give aways, presumably because they were sponsors?  But they also gave out cookies from the cafe they have on street level, FreshMarket, which sells the "famous" Neiman Marcus cookies.  These are a thing of legend, you can go read all about it on Wikipedia.

Anyway, they were good cookies, certainly good for freebies, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy them.

Chocolate Chip Mini Cookie.
This was called a mini cookie, but seemed like a totally normal size cookie to me.  I looked them up online, and found that they are known for the fact that their cookies are huge.  So, I guess this was mini in relation to their normal size.

Anyway, it was an incredibly soft cookie, almost a little gooey inside.  Rich, buttery flavor.  Tiny little chocolate chips, good distribution of them.  A good cookie for sure, but I probably wouldn't bother purchasing one.  I think it would be really good warm and more gooey!
Oatmeal Raisin Mini Cookie.
Same size as the other "mini" cookie, but besides that, I would have never believed that these came from the same place.  The chocolate chip cookie was super soft, whereas this was crispy as could be.  You couldn't break off a piece without the whole thing crumbling into pieces.  Definitely not my style of cookie, I prefer soft ones, but the flavor was very good.  There was a very balanced sweetness to it, and it had a mix of regular and golden raisins, which added some additional flavor.  I liked it, despite the texture, but again, I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails