Monday, May 15, 2023

McDonald's

Update Review, May 2023

Sometimes ... I can't resist a freebie.  And by sometimes, I mean often.  Even when that freebie is chicken, which I don't really eat.  I was still lured in by a McDonald's promo for a free McChicken.  After all, I'd certainly never had one before.  I had my first Chicken McNuggets in many years just a few months prior, when McDonald's was celebrating the anniversary of said nuggets, and, you guessed it, gave out free nugs (see below for that prior review).  I was actually curious how they compared, or, so I rationalized my decision to take a one block detour to McDonald's on my way home that day.
McChicken (no mayo, extra pickles).$3.39.
"It’s a classic for a reason. Savor the satisfying crunch of our juicy chicken patty, topped with shredded lettuce and just the right amount of creamy mayonnaise, all served on a perfectly toasted bun."

The standard McChicken comes with lettuce and mayo, nothing else, on the standard simple bun.  I also added pickles (extra!) because they were a free add-on, and asked for no mayo, opting for mayo/mustard/ketchup packets on the side so I could apply as much/little as I wanted.

The bun was exactly what you expect from basic McDonald's, the same used with a regular burger too.  Soft, moist, with grill marking on the inside, but not actually crispy.  Shredded iceberg was minimal, but seemed fairly fresh.  For pickles, there was exactly 3, all clumped together on one corner.  It made me wonder what the regular number was, if "extra" was only a scant 3.  Even if I had properly spread them out on the patty, they wouldn't have given a pickle in every bite.

Anyway, the patty ... well breaded, but not crispy, rather, it was soft.  The coating was flavorful, tasted greasy and well seasoned, and was quasi-enjoyable.  Under the coating was a very thin patty of compressed chicken bits ... it did vaguely taste like chicken, and definitely was made of scary leftover chicken parts.  If you want the chicken to actually be a breast, or even rib meat, you need to splurge for one of the higher end chicken offerings.  It definitely needed the mayo to add a creamy element.

To answer my question of how it compared to the nuggets, I think it was similar, in that it was ground compressed chicken bits with a decently flavorful and greasy crumb coating, but, I'm really not sure how much alike they taste, as my McNuggets memory is pretty vague.

***.

Update Review, Jan 2023 Visits

No intro needed.  It is McDonald's.  You know this place.
Chicken McNuggets. (6). $5.19.
"McDonald’s 6 piece Chicken McNuggets® are made with 100% chicken breast meat in a deliciously crispy coating, just waiting to be dipped. A firm favourite with everyone."

When I was a kid, I did eat McNuggets from time to time.  And then ... I had an incident.  I had McNuggets for lunch, got bit by a speckled fly, and broke out in hives.  My mother believes the fly was responsible, but my child brain blamed the McNuggets.  I was convinced that either the nuggets, or the dipping sauce, gave me hives.  I never ate them again (I eventually caved on the sauces, as I do love their sweet & sour and bbq so!).

I didn't have another McNugget until 2015, when I had one (which I reviewed before, below), and liked the coating, but not the insides.  Another 8 years passed without even the thought of having another.  And then it was the 40th anniversary of McNuggets, and McDonald's was giving out free nuggets.  Even if I don't like chicken, a freebie is always too much for me to resist, so I walked the extra half a block out of my way on my way home to snag my free nugs.

My nuggets were only lukewarm when I got them.  This was easily fixed with my toaster oven once I got home.  I was impressed again with the coating - so crispy! Well seasoned! Greasy but not oily!  But inside?  Eh.  Its ground chicken-ish.  Not really my thing, but actually, for me, since I don't care for chicken generally, it is less offensive than actual not processed chicken.

My order of 6 nuggets contained 4 balls, 1 boot, and 1 bell, no bones (you did know those were the 4 shapes they make right?).  They were nice for a freebie, but I wouldn't normally pay $5+ for these. ***.

I did love the bbq sauce as always, even though its a sweet, not particularly complex, style.
Large Iced Coffee, Black, No Ice. $2.89.
My father is a very frugal man (yes, this is where I get it from).  He definitely does not splurge on things like getting coffee.  He finds coffee prices outrageous (which, to be fair, I do too).  That said, if you ask him about getting a coffee somewhere, while he'll go on and on about the price and low quality of places like Dunkin' Donuts, he'll also tell you that McDonald's makes good coffee, both hot and cold, and that he used to get it when he needed to commute for work sometimes.

So when it was a hot day, and I was really wanting coffee, I decided to give it a try, opting for the iced version.  I went for a large so I could take it home and use it over the next 2-3 days (since I normally have just one cup).  

It was ... fine.  Very average, totally unremarkable, iced coffee.  The flavor wasn't complex, it had no interesting notes I picked up on, but it also had no funk to it.  Just, overall, fine, decent coffee.  Even with no ice I did find it a touch weak, but, that wasn't really a problem for me.  If you want a nice deep dark coffee though, this was more of a light-medium roast.  Inoffensive coffee, and cheaper that most anywhere else, even the gas station.

I'd get it again if I needed coffee and was near McDonald's.  ***.

Update Reviews, 2021-2022 Visits

No intro needed right?  It is McDonald's, and I went for the classics: fries and sauces.
Medium Fries. (2018).
"Our French fries are born from premium potatoes such as the Russet Burbank and the Shepody. With zero grams of trans fat per labeled serving, these epic fries are crispy and golden on the outside and fluffy on the inside."

I truly loved McDonald's fries when I was younger, particularly when dipped in the different sauces, but somehow, they have just lost their touch for me.  They are just ... fries. ***.

That said, I still adored some of the sauces.
Medium Fries, No Salt. (2021).
My first time having the fries in many years, to celebrate National French Fry Day, or, you know, a freebie I couldn’t resist.

I ordered mine without salt, so they’d be fresh, and, I was thrilled to see them indeed come out as a fresh batch. 

They were … well, fries?  Thin, crispy, hot.  But just … fries.  Eh.  I dipped them in sweet and sour 
sauce, which I do like, but they still weren’t particularly awesome to me.

**+.
Large Fries, No Salt. (2022). $3.99.
Another year, another National Fry Day, another free batch of fries.  This time, McDonald's offered a large.  As I did the prior year, I asked for no salt, to get them fresh, which, just like last year, did mean I needed to wait.

As for the fries, um, yeah.  They are McDonald's fries.  Thin, crispy, kinda boring, honestly.  Note to self: there really is no need to get these again :)

Normally $3.99, which seems high for such cheap fast food!

***.
Sweet ‘N Sour Sauce.
"Sweet and sour apricot and peach-flavored sauce with savory spices and slight lingering heat."

McDonald's sweet 'n sour sauce was always my goto sauce when I was younger.  Sure, I used the bbq and the honey (yes, honey, not honey mustard, just honey) with my fries too, but the majority of my fries went into the sweet 'n sour.  The others were there just to add a bit of variety, and because I'd run out of just sweet 'n sour.  Yes, even with a small fries, I always used the entire sweet 'n sour, and then some.  I loved it.

But it had been many, many years since I last had it, and of course I assumed it was one of those things that is better left in our memories, as it never lives back up in adulthood.

Turns out ... nope, McDonald's sweet 'n sour sauce is still just as good as I remember.  Definitely more sweet than sour, and I dunno about that "lingering heat", but the apricot-ish flavor really does it for me, particularly with greasy foods.  It reminds me of Chinese duck sauce a little bit, which also goes so well with greasy foods.

I like it with onion rings in particular (or, you know, McDonald's fries or nuggets I suppose). ****.

Update review: Yup, I still feel the same way about this not-very-complex sweet and fruity sauce.  I love dipping fried things (even chicken tenders!) into it.  <3. ****.
Honey Mustard.
"Zesty Dijon mustard sauce with sweet notes of honey."

I never had the honey mustard growing up, or at least, I don't remember ever having it.  I used honey, just honey, with my fries, loving the sweet contrast with the salty fries.  Grown up me does enjoy honey mustard in general though, so I was interested to try this one out.

I liked this honey mustard.  It clearly isn't wholesome honey mustard, with far more in it than honey and mustard, e.g. soybean oil, egg yolks, and all sorts of preservatives, but the flavor was good (slightly zesty, slightly sweet), and I liked the creaminess.

It went really wonderfully with some onion rings I had at home.

***+.
Tangy BBQ.
"Our perfect Tangy BBQ Sauce is made with a tomato paste base and has a sweet hickory smoke flavor, vinegar, and savory spices."

Ah, McDonald's BBQ, my other standard sauce for fry dunking when growing up.  Another I was a bit hesitant to try again.

The description of this sauce mentions a hickory smoke flavor, which I didn't detect in any way.  Nor really, savory spices.  But that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it.  Much like the other sauces, it trended very sweet (HFCS *is* the primary ingredient), and I've definitely grown up to appreciate more robust and smoky bbq sauce, but, this still hit the spot (again, best suited for greasy fries, not something like bbq chicken or ribs).

***+, reliable, but I won't seek it out.

Update Review, 2021 Visits

Another year has passed, and with it, a few visits to the Golden Arches, this year, exclusively for, um, the desserts.  You know, what McDonald's is totally known for? 

Sometimes an ice cream, or pie, craving hits, and, well, a girl needs to take immediate action.  And thus, McDonald's.

Ice Cream / McFlurry

I've only had 2 McFlurries in my adult years, once when Doordash (or wherever I ordered from at the time), messed up my order, delivering me a hybrid Oreo-Rolo McFlurry (which, you can read all about), and once when I tried out a special seasonal pralines n cream McFlurry (review). 

While they aren't things I'd go far out of my way for, I've always found them enjoyable, after all I do love soft serve ice cream (yes, even McDonald's), and I sure love toppings mixed in (although, as you know from my caramel sundae review, I'm partial to the hot fudge at McDonald's).
Caramel Brownie McFlurry.  $3.99.
On May 4, 2021, when McDonald's introduced a new McFlurry, and offered it for free to "anyone who ever thought the McFlurry spoon is a straw", um, I obviously jumped on the opportunity for a freebie.

Like all McFlurries, it came out of the same machine as the soft serve ice cream and milkshakes, with sauce and topping quasi-blended in, mixed using said spoon-straw, e.g. the part that attaches to the machine to do the blending.
Caramel Brownie McFlurry. Regular Size. Top.
"The Caramel Brownie McFlurry®is what sweet dreams are made of—spoonfuls of creamy vanilla soft serve with caramel topping and chocolate brownie pieces blended throughout. Available in regular and snack sizes. There are 630 calories in a regular size Caramel Brownie McFlurry®."

I opted for the regular size (snack is a smaller option).  It was a decent size cup filled primarily with vanilla ice cream - classic McDonald's ice cream, smooth, creamy, nicely melty, but not exactly high quality nor complex.  It wasn't icy nor too soft though, just, basic fast food ice cream, good enough.

Mostly on top, and mixed into the top layers a little, was a ridiculous amount of sweet caramel.  Very thick, very sweet, very rich caramel, and, yes, seriously, tons of it.  But it was good, better than I remembered from the sundae I had before.  

The brownies were the weakest element,  plenty of chunks, but the quality just wasn't there.  They were strangely dense, reminded me of Little Debbie brownies actually, but less good.  Sure, cover them in caramel and ice cream and they were fine, but still not very good.  

If I were to get another, I think I'd leave off the brownies, and just have this as a quasi blended sundae.  But really, I'd prefer the hot fudge.  It isn't clear to me if I'd prefer a sundae or McFlurry if only adding in the sauce ...

***.
Soft Serve Cone.
"Enjoy our creamy vanilla soft serve in a crispy cone! It's the perfect sweet treat in addition to any McDonald's meal or on its own!"

Eh.  I mean, I know McDonald's isn't known for their soft serve (well, they are known for the machine always being broken ... ) but it was a warm day, and I wanted a soft serve cone.  I knew McDonald's has no sprinkles or dip, and only has vanilla, but, it would do, right?   Plus, of course I had sprinkles in my bag.   #alwaysPrepared

It was creamy, it wasn't grainy, but it tasted ... fake?  Like a milkshake almost.  It needs mix-ins, which I think is why it works as a McFlurry or sundae, but as a cone ... eh.

And the cone, very stale.

Eh.

*+.

Pie

Last year, I had my first ever McDonald's pie, the seasonal strawberry & crème, and let's just say ... I wasn't impressed.  But I still had never had the classic Apple Pie, always on the menu (although it was reformulated a few years ago).  So this year, post Thanksgiving, when I was still craving pie, I sought it out.
Pie Box.
The apple pie, like any pie offered, comes in a cardboard box, kept warm under a warmer all day.  It proclaims to be from their "oven", but, I don't think these are actually baked onsite anywhere.
Apple Pie.
"McDonald's Baked Apple Pie recipe features 100% American-grown apples, and a lattice crust baked to perfection and topped with sprinkled sugar. There are 240 calories in McDonald's apple pie. Pair it with a Hot Caramel Sundae for your own twist on Apple Pie A-La-Mode!"

I opened my box to find my little pie, and honestly, it actually looked fairly good.  The lattice top really adds a bit of class to it, far nicer looking than a Hostess snack pie or other similar convenience store item, and it was a lovely golden brown. 

My pie was moderately hot, certainly not hot enough to burn myself, but, more than just lukewarm.  Kudos to McDonald's for having good food warmers.

Looks aside, it also tasted better than I expected.  Sure, it is not grandma's homemade apple pie, but the filling had actual hunks of apples, not just goo.  The apples weren't mushy.  The filling was lightly spiced, I think with just cinnamon, so not particularly complex, but, more than just apples and sugar.  So, filling?  Above average for a non-bakery pie, no question.

The crust is certainly interesting, not pie crust really, not flaky, but not like a cookie or tart crust ... not like the snack pies you get in grocery store either ... it is a unique thing, but was nicely crisp, went well with the apples, and wasn't burnt nor dried out.  Again, better than average.

McDonald's suggests pairing it with a hot caramel sundae, which I think is an excellent idea - I brought it home and served it a la mode with vanilla ice cream and spiced chantilly cream, and that just really sealed the deal.

I enjoyed my pie, it totally fulfilled my apple pie craving, and I'd get it again, if in the mood.

***+.

Update Review, 2020 Visit

My First Pie!
McDonald's pies.   A brand new item to me.  Yes, seriously, I never had a McDonald's pie before.

When I visit McDonald's, and do get dessert, I'm just incapable of moving past the soft serve ice cream creations (McFlurries, sundaes, simple cones).  I really like their soft serve (as you know from my 2018 update review)!  And really, why would I think a pie from a fast food place would be good anyway?

Except, well, I know people like them.  And I've been super interested in some of the seasonal special pies, particularly the winter one.

So I finally tried one.  I had the choice of apple or "Strawberry & Crème".  The later sounded fancier, so, that was my pick.

It came in a cute little box, served warm, with vents for the escaping heat, and lots of warnings about the hot nature of the item inside.
Strawberry & Crème Pie.
"A sweet and creamy Strawberry & Crème Pie made with strawberries and vanilla flavored crème, baked side by side in a sugar-coated crust." 

I really liked that it was hot.  I'm all about hot pies.

But ... uh ... this was not a good pie.  Or a pie really, but, form factor aside, I still didn't care for it.

The crust is really hard to explain.  Certainly not traditional pie crust.  Nor is it like a danish.  Nor a PopTart (which I do like!).  Nor a cookie.  I thought it would be something like one of those things, but really, it was its own thing.  Not flaky.  Not buttery.  Not even really particularly sweet (and where was that "sugar-coated" element?).  Kinda dry.  Kinda stale-ish.

I'll give a point for it being warm though, and the presentation with the slit in the top revealing the strawberry filling.
Strawberry & Crème Pie: Inside.
Inside revealed the two promised fillings, one strawberry, and of course the "vanilla flavoured crème".

The crème is made from ... chemicals and cream cheese.  It wasn't creamy.  It wasn't really vanilla.  Just kinda sweet stuff.

The strawberry was equally "eh".  I think it really was made from berries, but it wasn't particularly fruity, just kinda sweet.

I'll give a point for being really well stuffed though, as you can see, it was really filled completely, and, the two sides were done equal.


Update Review, 2018 Visit


 Hot Caramel Sundae.
"A caramel sundae that combines cool and creamy vanilla soft serve with warm, rich, buttery caramel."

I've somehow never had a caramel sundae from McDonald's before, which is surprising, given that I do really enjoy their soft serve, and I generally opt for caramel over chocolate in other areas of life.  I also seem to have forgotten that I did have the caramel in the random mistake McFlurry (Rolo McFlurry - Rolos + Oreos) that wound up on my doorstep via delivery once .  So I recently mixed it up when I visited McDonald's, and went for caramel rather than hot fudge, particularly when a friend told me this sundae was her favorite comfort food.

I ... should have stuck with the classic!  I greatly prefer the hot fudge sundae.

The soft serve is still great of course, creamy, classic vanilla McDonald's soft serve, that somehow manages to melt perfectly.

But the caramel? Eh.  Too sweet.  Not very buttery.  I liked that it was hot, I liked how thick it was, and the slight pull to it, but, with the sweet vanilla ice cream, there was just nothing to balance it.  Turns out, the fudge works better, particularly with the peanuts.

Next time, back to hot fudge.

(Ok, really, what I want is the ability to make a real sundae.  Hot fudge AND caramel AND nuts AND whipped cream (from the McCafe drinks).  McDonald's has greatly expanded in the customization options lately, but alas, custom desserts are not on their radar yet it seems.  #priorities)

Update Review, October 2016


This is a tale of an unexpected order.
Not a Rolo McFlurry.
McDonald's had 3 McFlurries on the menu: Oreo and M&M (which are the regular offerings) and a limited addition Rolo McFlurry.

The Oreo and M&M McFlurry both are simple: vanilla ice cream base with candy blended in.  The Rolo one however is more complex.  It doesn't actually blend in chopped Rolos.  Instead, it blends in caramel sauce and chopped Rolo shells (the chocolate part only).  I imagine this is because the regular Rolos caramel doesn't deal well with freezing?

I wasn't necessarily excited about the Rolos, but, the caramel sounded great, so I opted for that one, really, just for the caramel.

At least, that is what I ordered.

What I received was something else ... entirely.
"Rolo McFlurry", Snack Size. $2.69. Top View.
"Dig into spoonful after spoonful of vanilla soft serve packed with ribbons of caramel and chunks of creamy, milk chocolate."

I was confused when I got my McFlurry.  There was tons of visible caramel on top.  That was surprising, as I thought the caramel was supposed to be blended in.  I assumed it was just "bonus" caramel, and pressed on.

And then I got more confused.  There was some of the expected chopped chocolate shells on top, but once I got into the blended part, there was ... Oreo.  Lots of Oreo.  And no caramel.  And no Rolos shells.

Uh, what?

It was like the person making it realized they made an Oreo McFlurry by accident, and "fixed" it by dumping the other toppings on top.
"Rolo McFlurry", Snack Size. $2.69. Side View.
"NEW Chocolately, caramel-y, awesomeness."

The side view isn't much clearer, and I was so confused I didn't take a good photo of just the layer beneath the caramel, but, there is no doubt, it was an Oreo McFlurry.

Which makes this review a bit odd, as I'm no longer reviewing a real product.

The ice cream was actually quite good.  Creamy, standard McDonald's soft serve (the new, fewer chemicals recipe!).  It melted nicely.

The caramel was thick and sweet, and actually kinda nice to have on top, it made it more like a sundae.  I still prefer McDonald's hot fudge though.

The chopped Rolos shells on top I didn't really care for actually, they were just mediocre milk chocolate, not particularly good.

The Oreo McFlurry ... that was actually good too.  I think I liked it more than I would have liked the Rolos one, to be honest.  It was loaded with plentiful bits of Oreo, and was well blended.  I'm not a big Oreo or cookies and cream fan in general, but, this was very good for what it was.

I wish McDonald's would bring back the Butterfinger one, or Reece's, those are my favorites ...

Original Review, March 2016

Somehow, I haven't ever published my review of regular old McDonald's. Sure, I've reviewed the slew of ridiculously sweet beverages from McCafe, and the decent holiday McFlurry, but somehow, I haven't ever told you what I think of McDonald's staples, aka, burgers and fries!

I ate my share of McDonald's growing up, but it certainly wasn't a regular thing. Mostly my memories are of birthday parties held in the placespace at the McDonald's, where they served that crazy orange drink. I remember collecting the toys from Happy Meals. But, I don't think I was ever a really huge McDonald's fan.

Then, in high school, I played field hockey. Our bus often stopped at McDonald's on the way home from away games. I recall really loving the fries then, when dipped in sweet and sour, bbq, and honey (yes, usually all three, often combined). I also liked the sundaes.

And then I didn't really go to McDonald's again for years. Even when on road trips (or, driving to and from college), I always just went to Dunkin' Donuts and got a muffin, no matter what time of day.

So now, McDonald's is a novelty to me. It is a place I go very rarely, and usually only when travelling (which, is even more fun when out of the country, because foreign McDonald's have some really unique menu items! Stay tuned!). Even then, it is never on the top of my list, but Ojan does sometimes get a craving for chicken McNuggets or a Big Mac, and thus, I go too, hoping to again enjoy it as much as I used to, but never succeeding.
 Quarter Pounder with Cheese.
"A quarter pound of 100% pure beef simply seasoned with a pinch of salt and pepper, two slices of melty cheese, slivered onions and tangy pickles all on a sesame seed bun. "

To ensure I got a fresh burger, I ordered mine with extra pickles (and, because I love pickles!) and only one slice of cheese (for some reason, two seemed like too much).

I was really surprised with my first bite.  The beef was … seasoned.  It had some pepper and salt, just as described.  Sure, it was a thin patty, with no actual beefy flavor and a mealy texture, more akin to cardboard than beef but, someone did season the thing.  Points for that.

The patty, as always, was very well done, as in, cooked through.  Even though a quarter pound, it was quite thin.

The onions were sharp and there were too many, but they combined well with the mustard.  I did really like the mustard and onion flavors.

My extra pickles translated into two pickles … is normal just one?  I liked my pickles, and wanted more.

The cheese was nicely melted but pretty standard fake american cheese.

The bun was a little soggy, boring, and about as generic as could be.

This was a quinesential generic McDonald’s burger, pretty much exactly as I remembered.  I have no desire to have another.
10 Piece Chicken McNuggets. $4.59. Small French Fries. $1.39.
"Our tender, juicy, Chicken McNuggets are made with USDA-inspected white meat. They're tempura battered and cooked to golden perfection."

The nuggets were Ojan's, but of course I had one, mostly out of curiosity.  I don't like chicken, and I did not ever get nuggets as a kid, but Ojan was so excited by these, I had to try.  They had a great crispy breading, but the chicken was soo fake and ground up and just strange to me.  Meh.

"Golden on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside. Made with quality potatoes and cooked in our Canola oil blend for zero grams of trans fat per serving."

Who doesn't love McDonald's fries?  (Or, at least, who didn't at some point in their lives?)

The fries were thin and crispy.  I didn't love them, nor hate them.  They were just ... fries, very fried, and clearly not fresh.  These have definitely lost their magic on me.

But you know I'm a sauce girl, so, what about those sauces?

The sweet and sour sauce always looks so horrible.  It is goopy.  Thick.  Nasty looking really.  But I still really like the taste, as unsightly as it is, and it is my preferred McDonald's dipping sauce for my fries.

The bbq looks a little better, but is always my second choice.  Really, the best is mostly sweet and sour, with a touch of bbq.  I dip first in the sweet and sour, and then do a quick dunk in the bbq afterwards.  My magic combo.  I've done it for as long as I can remember.

I enjoyed some fries, with my sauces, but I can't say I have any craving or desire to have them again.

A few months later, we went back to McDonald's, another time when traveling.  I again noted that the bbq sauce was only ok, but I loved the sweet and sour.  I found the fries flavorless and again not what I remembered.
Big Mac.
"A double layer of sear-sizzled 100% pure beef mingled with special sauce on a sesame seed bun and topped with melty American cheese, crisp lettuce, minced onions and tangy pickles"

If I thought the patty in the quarter pounder was thin, that was nothing compared to the Big Mac. Seriously, seriously thin patties. They were completely flavorless.

The lettuce is just standard shredded iceberg, but it really has its place on the big mac. But of course, the best thing going for it is the Big Mac sauce. Creamy, mayo-y, delicious.

I don’t particularly want another one, but for what it is, it was good.

[ No Photo ]
Hot Fudge Sundae with Nuts

"Reduced fat soft serve vanilla ice cream, smothered in chocolatey fudge sauce."

I love soft serve ice cream, and I don't get it often, as silly froyo has taken over.  Also, I kinda think soft serve ice cream just isn't as much of a thing on the West Coast, even before the whole froyo invasion?

Anyway, not that McDonald's is where I'd go for great ice cream, I wanted soft serve, and I know theirs is decent.  And it was.  It was perfectly creamy, although it didn't have much flavor to it.  The fudge was hot, thick, and pretty tasty.  I liked the crunch from the peanuts, but they were just generic peanuts.

Was this an awesome sundae?  Of course not.  But it hit the spot.

1 comment:

  1. I found this post very interesting and informative. Thank you for sharing your special thoughts with us. I definitely share this with my peeps.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails