Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Waffling Leftovers: Asparagus

This one feels almost too easy.  And boring.

So I'll keep it short.

Leftover steamed asparagus: Will it waffle?  (Wait, what am I talking about? Start here, for my adventures in re-purposing leftovers via my waffle iron)

Of course.  It is just like grilling, but with more contact points.  That is, even better.
The Original: Steamed Asparagus
The original was just simple steamed asparagus, with olive oil, salt, and pepper.

Very tasty, fresh, young asparagus.

It was also good cold the next day, chopped up and thrown onto salad.  Or just munched on by the spear.

But of course I had other ideas.
Waffling Leftover Asparagus.
I threw just a few pieces into the waffle iron alongside other items I was waffling.

They grilled up perfectly, just as I expected.

I loved the slight char from where the waffle iron plates touched.  You could let them go for a long time and get super crispy too.

Basically, just grilled asparagus with a few extra contact points, certainly worth the effort if I want it some way other than cold.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails