Sunday, April 08, 2012

Cooking Demo: Fifth Floor

Today's Demo was by pastry chef Francis Ang, from the Fifth Floor.  He made amazing beignets.

Almond Beignet with Hamada Farms Satsuma marmalade, crème fraîche, candied sage.

This was the tastiest beignet I've had in ages! For some reason, I've had a lot of beignets lately, and I've been pretty disappointed by them. I'd actually decided that I must just not really like beignets. And then this came along ...

Fresh out of the fryer, rolled in cinnamon, sugar, and crushed almonds, with a dollop of creme fraiche, sitting on top of satsuma marmalade to dip it in ... so delicious! I can't wait to go to the Fifth Floor and have some of their desserts!

Recipe: http://www.cuesa.org/recipe/beignets-satsuma-marmalade

[ Originally posted February 17, 2012 ]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails