Sunday, August 03, 2014

Unreal Candy

Unreal is a company that takes classic chocolate junk foods, and "unjunks" them.  According to the company, "UNREAL reinvented your favorite candy with 100% real ingredients and none of the junk. No corn syrup, preservatives, GMOs, gluten and excess sugar. Instead, they use only the good stuff like real mike chocolate, caramel, peanut butter and cane sugar."

They have picked all the heavy hitters and make their own version of M&Ms, Snickers, Milky Way, and of course, Peanut Butter Cups.

They do certainly taste more real.  And their chocolate is much better.  But, overall, I don't find myself picking them over the classics.  Sometimes, classics are just that.
Peanut Butter Cups.
As you can guess, this is their version of Reese's peanut butter cups.

The milk chocolate was smooth, the filling substantial.  There is more peanut butter filling in here than in Reese's.  And, actual peanuts.  You could really taste the peanuts, rather than just sugar and corn syrup.

But, I didn't love them.  Not sure why, at some level, I think they somehow tasted too healthy?  I'll have to try again when I'm in a different mood.
Chocolate Caramel Nougat Bar.
Next we tried the "Chocolate Caramel Nougat Bar", or, their version of a Milky Way.

The nougat was very dense, not fluffy and marshmallowy like a Milky Way.  The caramel was very thick, I would have preferred runnier.  The chocolate was unremarkable, but far better than Mars.

Sadly, I preferred the classic Milky Way, just because I love their fluffy nougat so much more, but Unreal certainly wins on chocolate quality.  Others in the group thought this was not as sweet as Milky Way, and preferred it.
Related Posts with Thumbnails