Friday, July 15, 2016

Dipperz

Dipperz are an interesting way to eat your veggies - dehydrated and flavored.  Basically, turning veggies into chips, which, given how much I love to munch on things, is potentially a very good idea for me to try turning my snack time into something a bit healthier.  They are also vegan, paleo, organic, non-GMO, gluten-free, etc, etc.

Their product page describes them as:
"Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Carrots pre-dipped and ready to eat. Just think of the veggie party tray. Three delicious flavors Ranch, Lemongrass Chili and Cheezy. 1 pound of vegetables in each serving. Give them a try and be a part of the new healthy snacking revolution!"
Yes, each bag of Dipperz has one pound of veggies packed into it.  I found this fact shocking, as, the bags really aren't very large.  The veggies are a mix of broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots.  I was eager to try them out, really hoping to find a healthy snack for myself.  I wanted to join the "new healthy snacking revolution!"

Alas, they weren't really for me.  I almost liked them, but, not enough to buy another bag  The same parent company also makes Snip Chips (parsnip chips), Brussel Bytes (Brussels Sprouts, Coconut, and Pumpkin Seeds), and Coco Roons (macarons).  Maybe I need to try one of those items next?
Cheezy Dipperz.
So, these were certainly different.

I've had a lot of different veggie chips, and dehydrated vegetables, but, these were still unlike anything I've ever had before.

The broccoli and cauliflower pieces were still florets, yet, dehydrated and crispy.  They were nice sized chunks and had a good crunch to them.  The carrots were shredded, and generally in little clumps.  I found the form factor of all of the elements actually pretty fun to eat, and, they had a nice crunch about them.

The pieces were well coated in the "cheese", a mix of nutritional yeast and cashews for the cheesy flavor, plus basil, garlic, and rosemary, and, coconut nectar.  The seasoning mix was a bit strange though.  It wasn't quite cheesy (well, duh), but it wasn't bad. But it wasn't great either.  I couldn't ever make my mind up about this, so, I kept on munching.

I clearly didn't love it though, and wouldn't get another bag.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails