Thursday, December 13, 2018

Jacques Torres Cookies

I found a cookie I love.  Not just like, love.  Like, legit love.  And, if you've read my reviews before, you know I generally could care less about cookies.

But this cookie.  Swoon.

It comes from Jacques Torres, known as "Mr. Chocolate," a french pastry chef with an incredible career, now New York based chocolatier (and, uh, founder of a chocolate museum).   And one of his products is a chocolate chip cookie.

The best chocolate chip cookie imaginable.  You too can order these online, for delivery.  Or you can try to make them yourselves, as the recipe is widely available online.
Chocolate Chip Cookies. $19.99/6.
 "Jacques' World Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies."

Cookies are available by the half dozen, dozen, or double batch.  We ordered just a half dozen, a mere 6 cookies, for 6 people.  Normally, when planning cookies, I allocate 2-3 cookies per person, but, uh ...
4? Normal Cookies = 1 MONSTER COOKIE.
Warning: these are not cookies where each guest should eat 2+ cookies.  These are Monster Cookies.

Easily 4 normal cookies make up one of these.  Here you can see, on the right hand side, a normal size cookie on top of this monster.
Dinner Plate Sized Cookie!
I couldn't believe how large each cookie was. I'm fairly certain I've never seen cookies this big before.  Here is another perspective, with a full size dinner plate.

And yet ... we all easily devoured a full cookie.  Myself included.   And I DON'T LIKE COOKIES!

These are really, really, really good cookies.
HUGE COOKIE ZOMG.
"Our most popular baked product is sent directly to you from our ovens! Jacques' signature giant chocolate chip cookies use his House Blend 60% Dark Chocolate baking discs. As he always says, "It’s a lot of chocolate with a little cookie dough around it."

Why are these cookies so good?  I have no idea.  They look like standard cookies, albeit giant ones with huge chunks of chocolate in them.  Technically, "baking disks", not chips, but I guess calling them "Chocolate Baking Disk Cookies" doesn't quite roll off the tongue?

The ingredients look standard.  No real surprises, perhaps interesting that they have brown sugar in addition to white sugar, which certainly helps deepen the flavor, but still ... they really should just be any old chocolate chip cookie.

But they aren't.  They are seriously the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever had.  And I didn't even have it fresh!

The base flavor was just incredible, rich, deep, buttery, sugary.  I loved the base cookie.  It was a decently soft cookie, not as soft as I usually go for, but not too crisp.  They didn't need warming up.

And the chocolate?  Clearly high quality, which I guess you suspect since they come from a chocolatier.  Large chunks, deep dark chocolate.

I can't explain my adoration for these cookies.  I had one the next day too, thinking that perhaps I was just being crazy that single day, but I again loved it.  I don't understand.

My office mate also loved them, expressing accolades for them hours after.  But one of my co-workers had a totally different reaction.  He felt it wasn't chewy enough.  He didn't like the strong dark chocolate.  So, clearly, cookie preferences are a factor here ... or maybe he's just "wrong".

Best. Cookie. Ever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails