Friday, March 05, 2021

gimMe

"Gim means Seaweed in Korean. Gimme Seaweed Snacks are the only Organic and Non GMO Project Certified Seaweed on the Market. Our Seaweed comes from a protected bay in South Korea and we use the tides and sunlight to clean our seaweed."
I love snacks.  I love seaweed.  I've tried a ton of varieties of seaweed snacks.  Some I actually like.  These were ... not the best.

Seaweed Snacks

"Our original seaweed snack is made from premium organic seaweed, roasted to crispy perfection, and seasoned with one of five savory flavors."
gimMe makes their seaweed snacks in 5 varieties, ranging from simple extra virgin olive oil or sea salt to spicy wasabi.  I tried many.
Sesame.
"Satisfy your taste buds with toasted sesame. Made with our premium organic seaweed, we roast it to a crispy perfection using organic toasted sesame and sunflower oils then add a dash of sea salt. The nutty, toasty flavor is the perfect substitute for your pretzel cravings."

I started with sesame.

They were very oily.  And smelt funny.  And I didn't taste sesame.  Interestingly, these also had teriyaki powder (soy/onion/garlic/sugar), but I didn't taste that either.

Meh.
Wasabi.
"Feelin’ hot, hot, hot? Fire things up with a blast of wasabi. We roast our premium organic seaweed to a crisp perfection, then flavor each bite with a tongue-tingling, nose-tickling kick of natural wasabi. Flavor so intense, it will leave you saying WOW!"

Luckily for me, the wasabi fared much better.  The package boasted that it was a new recipe, perhaps that is why?

Not oily, and they did have a nice wasabi zing.  Not tons, and I'd gladly take more wasabi, but, it was definitely noticeable.

They also used the teriyaki powder and I again didn't taste it.  The best of the bunch, I'd eat them again, but wouldn't seek them out.
Teriyaki.
"All of the mouth-watering flavor you crave without having to fire-up the grill. We start with our premium organic seaweed, roast it to a crispy perfection with our award-winning blend of sesame oil, sunflower oil, and teriyaki powder. The finish is slightly sweet, smoky, and oh-so-savory."

Next up was teriyaki. 

These too were an oily style, but I was used to it by now, and found myself liking all the flavored oil off my fingers with glee. 

The flavor was sweet, and ... uh ... flavorful.  Really good flavor, not the match for having on top of a poke bowl as I was intending (as it was a spicy poke bowl), but great to munch on, lots going on in them.

Probably my second favorite?  The sweetness was the most surprising aspect, as it was more dominant than in the others.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails