Monday, December 05, 2022

The Geez Freeze

Ice cream.  Soft serve ice cream.  If you read my blog regularly, you know that I'm a soft serve affectionado, and frequently lament the fact that we don't have all that much of it in the Bay Area where I now live.  And thus I was thrilled to discover The Geez Freeze.

The Geez Freeze is a food truck based in the San Francisco bay area, offering up a number of frozen treats: daiquiris, soft serve ice cream, snow cones.  In the winter, the range expands to include hot chocolates.  The truck shows up at some pop up events around town, and is available for private catering and events.

"We pride ourselves on only serving the freshest ingredients to our customers. We do not use any high fructose or corn syrups in any of our flavorings. All flavors are organic and natural."

A unique aspect of the business is that everything is actually natural, and doesn't include corn syrup, which, if you think about their primary offerings of sweet treats, is actually notable.  Frozen daquiris and snow cones are not generally known for being made from quality ingredients.

I got the chance to try them out when I found the truck at a pop up event in my neighborhood.

Food Truck Menu.
The Geez Freeze makes a number of great sound soft serve creations, ranging from a "turtle" brownie sundea with Jack Daniels caramel sauce, to a strawberry shortcake ... in a waffle cone.  I honestly wanted them all, even the more classic sundae with a slew of toppings.

The lineup also included some seasonal hot chocolates, cookies, and frozen drinks, but my eyes were on the ice cream.
Peach Cobbler Sundae.
In the end, I went for the peach cobbler sundae: soft serve vanilla ice cream, with warm fresh peach topping, crumble, and, wait for it, a peach cone.  Yes, a *peach* cone.

The peach cone was a thing of wonder.  I honestly don't know how they made it.  It tasted exactly like peaches.  Yet it looked like any regular waffle cone.  The flavor was incredible, and I savored every bite of it.

The soft serve was fine, not particularly notable, although not icy, good smooth consistency.  The peach topping was good, nice size chunks of peaches in a lightly sweet syrup.  There was a small amount of crumb topping as well, to really give it the peach crumble vibes (although, nit, I'd call that a crumble, not a cobbler ... ).  It all tied together nicely to give all the elements of a peach crumble, but, as an ice cream creation.

I really enjoyed it, and I'm still blown away thinking back on that cone.  So unique, and so incredibly delicious.

***** cone, **** overall.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails