Friday, September 05, 2014

Shaklee 180 Bars

Shaklee is a company that I can't quite figure out.  The marketing line is that they create products for a healthy life.  But their goods span beauty products, household cleaners, and a weight loss program.  The weight loss program sounds a bit iffy, comprised of smoothies, snacks, shake mixes, special teas, and dietary supplement pills.  For snack foods, they make bars and crisps.

I really have no idea how, but I somehow got sent one of the snack bars, a Shaklee 180 bar (they also make more substantial meal replacement bars).  I think the "180" name comes from the transformation you make as part of their program?  I have no idea.

Anyway, I'm certainly not about to follow their program, but I had a free bar to try out, so, why not?  The products are all non-GMO, gluten-free, contain no artificial flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives, etc.  Designed to be "guilt free".
Toffee & Chocolate Crunch.
The bar I had was the "Toffee & Chocolate Crunch".  Sounds ... possibly good right?

And of course, since part of a weight loss program, it was pretty decent nutritionally, 9 grams of protein and only 7 grams of sugar, so not too high glycemic.

Of course, that is because it was mostly just a bunch of soy crisps.  As I mentioned last week in my review of Carnation's breakfast bars, I'm just really sick of soy crisps.

I don't have much to say here.  It was really just soy crisps.  The toffee flavor wasn't bad, but the promised chocolate was totally missing, just little chips, so really, all I tasted was soy crisps. Meh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails