Thursday, March 03, 2022

The Inspired Cookie

“Cookies and Brownies with Intention”. 

That is the motto of The Inspired Cookie, a wholesale bakery that is not only all natural, but also gluten-free and vegan.  Healthy baked goods.  Yup.  They made several cookies all with names like "Tranquility" (Lemon Lavender), "Enlightenment" (Espresso Chocolate Chunk), and "Clarity" (Peppermint Chocolate Chunk), along with basic brownies.  All come individually wrapped and can be found at retailers around San Francisco (where they are based).

To keep items gluten-free, they use a flour mix of garbanzo bean, fava bean, sorghum, and sweet rice, and their vegan substitute for the butter and eggs is apple sauce.

I'll admit that I had a very hard time believing that baked goods not loaded with butter, and not freshly baked would be even remotely tasty.  I had the opportunity to try one of their brownies, and, well, let's just say I had very, very low expectations.  Not only were my expectations blown away, my entire mindset about gluten-free and vegan baking changed.  These things were delicious.
Brownie Bliss.
"This is the perfect brownie, and it's gluten-free and vegan. It's not too fudgey and not to cakey- just the perfect texture and a bold chocolate flavor. We guarantee that you will love it as much as we do. Pour a big glass of milk, almond milk, soy milk, or whatever floats your boat. Enjoy this best seller! "

Ok, this was a shockingly good brownie.  It was a ridiculously shockingly good especially for a packaged brownie.  And for a vegan AND gluten-free brownie?  Woah, what?  Yeah, this was great even if I thought it was fresh from a bakery and regular.

Honestly, I was blown away.  It was dense and moist inside, slightly crisp on the outside.  It was intensely chocolately.  It was loaded with chocolate chunks for some extra texture and chocolately goodness.

It was fantastic even at room temperature, on its own.  I expected to need to warm it up, top it with ice cream, whipped cream, and additional chocolate sauce.  It needed nothing.  It ate well just as is.

****+.

Update review:
I didn't believe my own review, really.  Thinking that perhaps I was just really hungry, or in a mood for brownies the first time I tried it, I had another a few days later.  The result?  Still mind blowing.  I don't understand.  These are amazing. ****+.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails