Friday, October 07, 2016

Manomasa snacks

I'm not a tortilla chip person, but, I was visiting my office in Munich, and wanted a salty, crispy snack, and what they had was Manomasa tortilla chips.  The idea is to combine tortillas with the toppings you'd like to see on them, made into one easily portable format.  My spanish skilz tell me that "manomasa" means "hand corn", but they have dubbed them, "tortillas with spirit."

Manomasa is a British company, but, I tried their snacks while in Munich, so I guess they are distributed outside of England too.

They make some interesting flavors, like "manchego and green olive" or "green lemon and pink peppercorn", although those were not offered at my office.  The chips I had were very flavorful, but, still tortilla chips, not really my snack of choice.
White Cheddar.
"RECIPE No. 51 The SUPER SCOOP with creamy Cheddar cheese and CILANTRO. A rich WHITE CORN chip liberally scattered with GOLDEN LINSEEDS."

The first flavor I went for was white cheddar, since I was hoping it would kinda remind me of white cheddar popcorn or cheesy puffs.  These were oval shaped.

The white cheddar coating did indeed remind of me powdered white cheddar cheese, as, well, that is what it was.  I liked the cheese and the chips were well coated.

But, at the core, these were still tortilla corn chips, and I just wasn't excited by them.
Chipotle & Lime.
"RECIPE No. 24 The TOTOPO with smoky chipotle chilli & zingy lime with RED BELL PEPPERS, GUAJILLO chilli & TOMATO PUMPKIN SEEDS."

Next I tried the Chipotle & Lime.  These were triangle shaped.

They were super zesty, the chilis and red bell peppers added some zing.  But, again, just tortilla chips.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails