Thursday, February 17, 2022

Doughbies Cookies.

Doughbies was a bit of a unique idea.  On-demand, delivery only, cookies.  Pre-pandemic and deliver-all-the-things mentality.  They had no brick and mortar storefront, a concept that was novel in 2013 when founded.

Doughbies offered a variety of cookies, about $3 each, and no minimum order size, with additional $5 delivery fee.  For a single cookie, this was a bit high, but if you were getting a box, it wasn't much higher than any other delivered baked goods.

I always say that I don't really like cookies.  I mean, they are "fine", but, in general, I just find they aren't nearly as good as *other* dessert options.  Why have a simple cookie when you could have a warm fruit crisp with ice cream?  I just want more than a cookie.  So, I do a lot of cookie reviews that read like "meh, not for me".

But this one is actually different.  I liked the Doughbies cookies when I tried them at an event.  I liked them enough to actually consider one a dessert, and ordered them myself.  Yes I, "eh to cookies" girl, sought out these cookies.

Unfortunately, Doughbies model didn't pan out.  People did love the cookies, but, people don't order delivery cookies daily.  And with just one product, and no other distribution model, it didn't pan out, financially.  Too bad, because they really were good cookies!
Confetti Cookie. 3 for $8.
"Sprinkles on sprinkles on sprinkles make this cake batter inspired cookie a reason to celebrate. Let’s party!"

The first Doughbies cookie I ordered was the Confett Cookie.  I really am a kid a heart, and adore rainbow sprinkles, on, well,  most things.  I really liked this cookie.

It was soft.  It was buttery.  It was sweet.  It was *loaded* with sprinkles.  I expected the sprinkles just on top, but rather, they were throughout the dough AND on top.  They gave it a great crunch.

Overall, a very, very good cookie, I really enjoyed it ... and not just for a cookie.  I enjoyed it as a complete dessert, on its own.

****+.

Update: I've since had several more of these, and genuinely enjoyed them every single time.  My favorite of the Doughbies line up. ****+.
Snickerdoodle.
"Moist and chewy, these cookies will add the perfect blend of sugar & cinnamon spice to your day. Hand scooped and baked to a golden brown, with slightly crispy edges."

Next, I tried a Snickerdoodle, when a friend had some delivered.  I took just a hunk because I don't tend to love Snickerdoodles.

And ... yup, this was another excellent cookie.  I'd never normally even try it, but after the success of the others, I tried a chunk.

Just like the others I tried, it was super soft.  Super buttery.  Super sweet.  It had lovely cinnamon spicing.

I really liked it.  The most I've ever liked a Snickerdoodle, no question.

****.


[ No Photo ]
Red Velvet Crackle Cookie. 3 for $8.

"Straight from our Holiday Cookies Book! With just the right amount of chocolate and a dash of powdered sugar on top, these soft-yet-crunchy treats are sure to put you in the holiday spirit."

I also tried a small chunk of the crackle cookie, and I was also impressed with it.   

It was a fascinating soft texture, almost like a brownie, but, it was indeed a cookie.  The flavor was fairly unique as well, as red velvet isn't a flavor I normally have in cookie form, and my brain had to think a bit to process what it tasted like, with just a mild hint of cocoa.

Not my top pick, but I'd get it again if someone had them around.

***+.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails