Friday, September 21, 2018

Eta Chips

Eta is a snack foods company based in New Zealand.  You know me and snacks, particularly when traveling and they have unique flavors.  I couldn't wait to try their goods.

They make a slew of different product lines, including different types of chips (Uppercuts - Deli Cut, Ripple Cut, Thick Cut, Uppercuts - Corn Tapas), specialty chips (Munchos, Cruncheese, Monster Munch, and Cheese Balls), crackers (known as Cravers), and nut mixes (both sweet and savory).  Some of the flavors are totally fascinating, like "Cheesy Bacon" or "Burger" Monster Munch, or Sweet Chili Relish Uppercuts Deli Cut.

Eta has a long history as a company, 80 years old, although the chips were only introduced in the 70s, the premium Uppercuts line not until 2004.

I tried only one item though, from the Ripple Cut line.
"ETA real decent chips since the 70's! Made with potatoes proudly grown locally in NZ. All we do is dig 'em up, scrub 'em, chop 'em and cook 'em, that's why our chips have a real, natural golden colour."
I loved them.  Next time I'm back in New Zealand, I must get my hands on more of their products!
Ripple Cut Chicken.
What makes up "chicken" flavor?  Well, "Chicken Flavour", duh?  Otherwise known as Sugar, Salt, Corn Maltodextrin, Onion Powder, Natural Flavours, Garlic Powder, Herbs, Hydrolysed Soy Protein, Milk Powder, Flavour Enhancer (635), Emulsifier (433).  Yum.

Except, they were actually yum.  Really yum.  I love these.

The ripple form factor was just right, they were thicker than traditional thin style non-ripple cut chips, full of good potato flavor, if that makes any sense.  Fried, not baked or trying to be healthy, and very satisfying.

And the flavor?  Ok, I didn't taste "chicken", but I really liked what I did taste.  Full of flavor.  So much flavor.  Great herb level.

I adored these, and downed the bag in an instant.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails