Friday, December 24, 2021

Bulletproof

I don't follow a Keto diet.  I generally don't like protein added snacks.  I find most protein bars have horrible texture, taste, or both.  And yet ... I keep trying them, because I do like to have easy-to-grab options when I'm on the go.

Enter Bulletproof, a keto friendly company, making a variety of items, including supplements, MCT oil, protein powders, coffees, and protein bars.
"Be bulletproof: Keto products with the right nutrients to release your potential."
The produces are all gluten-free, dairy-free, non-GMO, yadda yadda, and have collagen protein added.

I attended an event with samples of the collagen enhanced coffee, and I remember feeling particularly put off by the mouthfeel of it.  But the bars, perhaps they had potential?
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Bar.
The protein bars, like many brands, come in tempting flavors like "vanilla cookie", "berry cobbler", or "fudge brownie", but, I of course was skeptical that they'd really channel the namesake desserts.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Bar.
"Be strong, not hungry with a delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Collagen Protein Bar. Our new and improved recipe has a soft, cookie-like texture, less oiliness and a more delicious bite. It's made with grass-fed collagen protein, which provides building blocks for healthy skin, bones and joints. Always gluten-free, dairy-free and non-GMO, a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Collagen Protein Bar provides satisfying, on-the-go nutrition to support a healthy lifestyle."

I opted to try the cookie dough flavor.

It was funky.  And not in a good way.

Maybe it was the cashew butter base I didn't care for.  Maybe it was the collagen, the Bulletproof oil powder or Brain Octane oil, or coconut oil, etc.  Whatever it was, I did not care for it.  It was strangely sweet as well (hello, Stevia!). 

The only thing I have positive to say about this is that the chocolate chips were large and nicely melty.

**.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails