Friday, November 16, 2018

Simba Chips, South Africa

Snack foods!  Fun flavored chips!  Yup, some of my favorite things.  Even more fun?  Snacks from other countries.  Like South Africa, where Simba chips originate from.
"Simba chips are made from only the very best potatoes grown right here in Southern Africa, and while every young potato aspires to become a Simba Chippie, only the very best make the grade. 
Simba, the King of Snacks, is very choosy, and he guarantees that every pack will be of the highest quality, and will always Roarrrr with flavour!"
The flavors are fascinating: smoked beef, mexican chilli, cheese & onion, tomato ... along with more standard salt & vinegar or creamy cheddar.  All promise to "Roarrrr with flavour".

Since I haven't actually visited South Africa, I was only able to sample one variety, when it came in our monthly snack food box.  It made me wish I had the chance to try more.
Mexican Chilli Flavored Potato Chips.
The flavor we tried was Mexican Chilli.

It was a decent chip.  I liked the ridges style.

The salt level was good, and they had a bit of heat to them, but not as much as I was expecting.  I've had many other jalapeno chips, or similar, that packed more punch, or, uh, roar.

But a decent chip, good form factor, enjoyable.  I found myself kinda addicted to them.  If you feel the same, it is is pretty understandable why: MSG and sugar are two key ingredients.  Yum.

I'd be happy to try more of their chips.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails