Friday, January 11, 2019

Estrellita's Snacks

Estrellita's is a San Francisco based Salvadoran food producer, one of many success stories born out of the La Cocina kitchen.  They do not have a brick and mortar, with the main business as a catering company.
"Estrellita's Snacks is a Latin American catering company. We have Pupusas, Tamales, and Arepas. The company was born in San Francisco's Mission District where Maria del Carmen began selling her freshly fried plantain and yucca chips to local business owners and families that missed the taste and crunch of tostadas from El Salvador. "
Estrellita's specializes in just three hot items: pupusas, tamales, and arepas, each in multiple varieties.  However, this is not how I encountered Estrellita's.  My encounters with Estrellita's were of a different variety, one closer to my heart.  Snacks!
"Estrellita's Snacks sells packaged chips to retail establishments throughout the Bay Area. For information on how to carry our plantain and yucca chips in your store, please contact Estrellita's. "
Yes, Estrellita's makes two of my absolute favorite snack foods: yucca and plantain chips!  They are sold at specialty markets around town, and at the Civic Center Farmer's Market where they run a stand.  I tried the yucca chips, and can't wait to have more.
Yucca Chips.  $3/bag.
Simply put, I loved these.  And I tend to actually dislike most snacks, as I just have too strong of opinions.  I adore plantain chips, but, actually dislike probably 80% of the brands I try.  Same with root veggie chips.  I always want to love these types of items, but alas, generally do not.  Just because I love yucca, and love snacks, does *not* mean I'll love a product!

These, however, I did love.  The chips were large size pieces.  They were not too thin, so I could really taste the yucca.  Perfectly crispy.  Not oily.

Crispy, crunchy, and well, just really nicely made.  I adored them plain, I adored them dunked in dip, I devoured my bag in ... less than 5 minutes?   <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails