Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Bar Pulpo by Movida, Melbourne Airport

Bar Pulpo by Movida.  It sounds fancy right?  And it might actually be, although it is a tapas bar in the Melbourne International Airport (Terminal 2, after security near gate 4 and 6), so, airport standards are in full effect.
Dine In Menu.
Bar Pulpo is mostly a dine-in establishment, with what looks like a legit line up of tapas, beer, and wine.
"Busy, bustling and popular for its rambling Spanish and Australian wine list and extraordinary tapas, Bar Pulpo is the ideal airport dining experience."
But, I didn't dine-in, nor have tapas.

Bar Pulpo also has a little cafe counter with grab and go baked goods and sandwiches.  I opted to just grab something to take on my flight, but, if I had more time in the Melbourne Airport, and I *didn't* have Qantas First Class lounge access (review coming soon! thank you random seatmate who granted me access!), I'd check it out.  Or maybe I'd just stop by for churros with dipping sauces?
Display Case.
The muffins actually looked decent.  They had four kinds - one savory, two sweet, one healthy-ish - and they all looked fairly good.  So, I got them all.  $5.20 each.  The cashier asked if I'd like them heated, which I declined.

I brought them on my flight to consume rather than the in-flight meals, as the timing of the meals was going to be odd, and I know that I often just crave baked goods.   I hoped these would be better than those served on board.
Savoury - Spinach & Feta.
I started with the savory muffin, spinach and feta.  It was dry.  Very dry.

The base had no flavor.  I didn't find much spinach.  Eh to huge chunks of feta, salty, and just not a flavor I enjoy.

This was not a good muffin.
Blueberry.
The blueberry was slightly better.  Big juicy berries to give a bit of flavor and moisture to the otherwise still pretty dry, hard topped muffin.

Eh.

Raspberry & White Chocolate.
Next, the raspberry and white chocolate.

It also was not a very good muffin.  Very, dry.

The berries were fine, very fruity, and gave it some flavor.  It was a bit sweet too, but mostly just pain "vanilla" cake.

Eh.  Not worth getting.
Apple & Muesli.
And finally, the "healthy" option, a muesli muffin.  This one I got mostly because at that point I wanted to round out the selection, and I suspected something slightly hearty and not too sweet would be nice in the "morning" on my flight, when I was supposed to be transitioning into afternoon or evening.

It was a decent muffin.  Again a fairly dry muffin, hard top.  The base had a bit of flavor to it, a slight heartiness.  It had some oats in it too.  I expected fruit and nuts inside, but, they seemed to mostly just be on top, a few little bits of dried apple and raisins.  That said, I did kinda like the flavor to it, and didn't really mind not having lots of mix-ins.

I think that warmed up, and with butter, this could actually be an very good muffin.  Still, I enjoyed it in the morning.
Bar Pulpo By Movida Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

4 comments:

  1. Melbourne airport is one of the best airports in the world and apart from dining, there would be great parking facilities for the people.
    meet and greet stansted

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bakery food items at this airport looks delicious and I think people would love to taste them and buy some food products for their trip as well.
    compare airport parking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Access Bars Melbourne - Access Bars is a relaxing method that can uncover and release limitations you have so you can create the life you desire. Call Meagan 0409080741

    ReplyDelete
  4. HACK ATM AND군포출장샵 BECOME TODAY RICH You can hack and crash into it without having too much weapons or weapons. How is that possible?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails