Friday, February 08, 2019

Tim's Cascade Snacks


"Tim's has been creating our famous chips in the shadow of the Cascade Mountain range since 1986 using an old family recipe. By starting with premium potatoes direct from family owned farms and only the finest blends of real seasonings, we think you'll agree that you have discovered what you have been looking for from your first satisfying crunch."
Tim's is a manufacturer of chips, located in Washington state.  Like many regional brands, it has a cult following, but I had never heard of Tim's, until I visited Seattle, and they were seemingly everywhere.

For the most part, Tim's flavors are fairly common: original, sour cream & onion, sea salt & vinegar, cheddar & sour cream, and a couple types of BBQ (honey BBQ or Alder Smoke BBQ).  A new, slightly more interesting flavor is Dill  Pickle, a flavor they have partnered with Vlasic to make.  But the flavor variety doesn't seem to be the main appeal.

To be honest, I'm not really sure what is.  I have tried the original (served alongside my lobster roll at New England Lobster) and I've now tried another variety and ... yeah, they are just chips.
Sea Salt & Vinegar.
"A combination of the purest Sea Salt and tangiest Vinegar ever to give these chips a taste that the Queen would be proud of!"

For the bag I actually selected, I went for sea salt & vinegar, since the flavor options weren't particularly interesting in general.

The chip base was ... fine.  A kettle style chip, fried, thin, crispy.  Fine, but greasier than I like.

The salt and vinegar though ... wow it was intense.  Way too intense for my taste unfortunately.  Incredibly tangy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails