Friday, October 15, 2021

Koko Black Chocolates

Koko Black is a chocolatier I discovered in Sydney.  It is an Australian company, based in Melbourne.  Their chocolate bars are served on board some Qantas flights, which is where I first tried the products, but they also have chocolate boutiques in The QCB and Strand in Sydney.
"Every chocolate crafted by Koko Black has its own unique personality and story.
With over 100 chocolates and counting - the Koko Black range is complex, indulgent and always adventurous. Originating from the finest Belgian couverture chocolate, each individual chocolate is meticulously handcrafted in Melbourne, using premium natural ingredients. "
The chocolate shops carry not only standard bars, pralines, and truffles, but also hot chocolate flights, ice cream, and a variety of other sweet desserts, cakes, tarts, and more.  The product range is large, but I've only tried a few items.
Caramelized Coconut Milk Chocolate.
"Crunchy caramelised coconut blended with premium Belgian milk chocolate."

This was an interesting bar, although not one I'd ever pick if given choices, but was the variety they had on my flight, so I tried it.  I like coconut and I like caramel, but bits of coconut in chocolate are never my thing.

And ... this wasn't quite my thing.  The milk chocolate was creamy, clearly a nice quality, smooth milk chocolate.  But the texture of the little bits of shredded coconut just didn't work for me.  I like textures, I'm not sure what it is about shredded coconut in particular that sometimes just rubs me the wrong way.

I still thought it was a decent bar, but is not one I'd get again just due to the coconut.

***.
Caramelized Coconut Milk Chocolate.
But of course I got it again!  On my next flight.  Captive audience.

I actually liked it far more this time.  The milk chocolate was great as before, smooth, creamy, nice milk chocolate.  And, now that I knew to expect the bits of coconut, they bothered me less.  I almost even liked the coconut and chocolate combo.

I'd still prefer not coconut, but, I enjoyed this bar and would love to try more of their products.

***+.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails