Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Jerry Remy's Sports Bar & Grille @ Logan Airport, BOS

Jerry Remy's is a fairly generic sports bar and grille, located in the Boston Logan airport, airside, terminal C.  It is adjacent to the food court with Burger King, Dunkin' Donuts, etc, and doesn't have its own bathroom facilities.

I've walked by a number of times, but never stopped in, until July 2019, when I was at the airport far earlier than I needed to be, and decided to check it out.

The staff mostly ignored everyone, and looked like they hated their jobs.  Signs said to seat ourselves, but no one came to give me a menu, or glance my way, for nearly 10 minutes.  They were not thrilled with life.

The menu was full of things that I'd actually love to try, if I had time to dine-in, or if I was at a reputable restaurants, with tempting appetizers like fried calamari, loaded fries, fresh haddock with a panko breading (or fried, fish & chips if you prefer, or as a sandwich), lobster rolls, and more.  The sides sounded good too, onion strings, sweet potato fries, and more.

But alas, I was just grabbing takeout, so opted for my airport standard: a salad, and a dessert.  My order was quickly prepared, and, actually, the food was slightly above airport average (not a high bar, but, still).  I would consider returning.
Caesar Salad. $11.
"Crisp romaine lettuce tossed with house made Caesar dressing, garlic croutons and grated Parmesan cheese."

For my savory item, I got the most takeout friendly thing I could - a salad, Caesar, dressing on the side.

It was a pretty standard Caesar - torn romaine, both hearts and outer leaves, bite sized chunks. Not the most crispy, but not too wilted.  Some thinly shredded Parmesan.  The garlic croutons were far better than I expected, really herby and garlicky, crisp, not stale nor soggy.  Actually my favorite part of the salad, a shocker since they are usually so forgettable at a place like this.

Overall, all basic, standard components, not amazing, but, decent quality.  It beat my expectations.

But I'm all about dressing.  This is key.  I knew it wouldn't have real anchovy, or be great dressing, but I was thrilled it was at least the creamy style, as I loath the more vinaigrette style of Caesar dressing.  It too was decent, flavorful, well seasoned.  And, provided in a really large condiment container, so I had far more than I needed, which, as someone who likes to save her dressings for other uses, I appreciated.

Overall, not bad, slightly above average, and a good size (this was dinner size, a side size is also available). 
Mega Box.
Dessert options are basic: bowl of ice cream, brownie ice cream sundae, cheesecake, or "Seasonal", which, in the middle of summer, turned out to be "Chocolate lava cake".  Not so seasonal.

I went with a slice of cheesecake, a common move when I'm about to get on a plane (like Yankee Pier in SFO where it was decent enough, and Romano's Macaroni Grill in O'hare - where it was not a winner .  Most of these restaurants buy low end ice cream, so that is out (and not very savable for later), and they certainly don't make their own desserts, so cheesecake is actually a fairly safe bet.

I had to laugh at the packaging, the slice was a reasonable size, but the box was the same size as my giant salad.  Guess they don't have multiple size boxes?
NY Style Cheesecake. $8.
The cheesecake was a decent size slice, served entirely unadorned.  No drizzle of caramel, chocolate, or strawberry goo.  No whipped cream.  Just cheesecake.  Which was fine with me, but, a bit surprising.  No effort put in here.

The cheesecake though was actually good.  Creamy and smooth.  Slight hint of lemon.  Fairly standard cheesecake, nothing earth shattering, but, solidly good.

The crust too was quite decent, a thick back and bottom crust.  Not just soggy, or cardboard like.  It wasn't anything special, not super caramelized or anything like that, but, it was a good crust.

Overall, this really was a fine slice of cheesecake, I'd gladly get another, and I wonder who their distributor is.
Jerry Remy's Sports Bar & Grill Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails