Friday, December 13, 2019

Bare Snacks

Bare snacks is a snack food maker of the rather healthy variety, focusing on fruits and veggies, in a pretty pure form.
"We slice real fruit and veggies and bake them up slowly for a one-of-a-kind crunch."
While they do make "chips", these are certainly among the healthiest I've ever had.  They mostly didn't excite me, but they remain my favorite manufacturer for coconut chips.

Veggie Chips

For veggie chips, Care makes carrot, beet, and sweet potato chips, all available in a basic sea salt variety, and then each is also available in a fun custom flavor - ranch for the carrot chips (my favorite match!), salt & vinegar for the beets, and barbecue for the sweet potato.
Sea Salt Carrot Chips.
"Simply made with carrots and sea salt."

I started with the simple carrot chips.

They looked different from most other veggie chips I've had in the past, slices of carrot, as expected, crispy, as expected, but, bubbly?  Interesting, since they are simply baked.

Anyway, they were .. fine.  A bit thinner than the style I prefer, and, well, not oily or greasy or fried, so kinda lacking in oomph.  Fine, but boring.  I prefer the less healthy version of veggie chips it seems.
Sea salt beet chips.
"Simply made with beets and sea salt."

Next I went for the vibrant purple beet chips, also the simple sea salt version.  I ... didn't like them.  The sweetness was too much in a chip, and they weren't nearly as crunchy as I was hoping.

Beet chips are also available in a salt & vinegar variety, but I'm not sure how I feel about the idea of salt and vinegar against the sweet beets.
Sweet Potato Chips.
"Simply made with sweet potatoes, sea salt, and black pepper."

Sweet potato chips I do often love.  But ... yeah, another one that feel solidly in the "eh" category.

They weren't bad, the sweet potato flavor was strong, but ... they just weren't interesting.

Fruit Chips

Fruit chips were the first Bare product I tried, years ago.  I remember trying some kind of apple chips, and not really finding them interesting.  Bare makes a few kinds of apple chips - you can get a specific variety (granny smith, fuji, etc), or you can get cinnamon flavored, or go all organic if you wish.

They also make banana chips in a few flavors, cinnamon or organic too, plus a strawberry banana flavor I remember trying, and I think liking?  I'm not sure why I never reviewed them properly though.

The final offering in the fruit line up is one I am extremely excited for though: coconut chips.  I adore *some* coconut chips, and have long time loved Dang coconut chips, particularly when frozen.  And Bare makes a very large assortment of flavors, some sweet, some spicy, some ... caffeinated.
Toasted Coconut Chips.
"Coconuts, simply baked and crunchy."

Well, Dang has been unseated as my favorite coconut chips.  No question.  The Bare chips I just simply like better.

They are more crispy.  The form factor is about the same, large shreds, although Bare has more that are bent over onto themselves, which I like - even crispier!  I tried the first few bites, expecting to move them to the freezer (how I prefer them!), but the first bag I had never lasted that long.  I finished them in seconds.
Chia + Vanilla Chia Coconut Bites.
"Simply made with coconuts, chia seeds, vanilla extract, cane sugar, and sea salt."

I approached these with caution, as I don't tend to like chia, but I loved the regular toasted coconut chips so much I was willing to give them a try.

The form factor, "Coconut Bites", was great, it basically meant clumps of coconut chips, sorta like how granola gets clumps.  Great crunch, great texture, no freezing necessary.  I loved the form.

The vanilla flavor, and extra hit of sugar, were also nice.  But the chia?  NO!  They gave a nice crunch actually, but, the bitter crunch I did not like.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails