Wednesday, March 18, 2020

A Yogurt Cow, Sydney

Another day, another new yogurt drink shop popping up in Sydney.  And of course I wanted to try as many as possible, as I'm very into the fad.

Setting

A Yogurt Cow is pretty new, right in Haymarket on the main drag.
Ordering Counter.
When you enter A Yogurt Cow, it looks like every other tea/yogurt/boba drink shop: ordering counter, displays with photos of signature drinks, promos for special new items.
Decorated Side.
One side of the shop looks reasonably nice, with backlit shelving.
Uh, Seating?
The other side is entirely vacant.  I imagine this is where some seating or a counter will go?  There is absolutely no where to enjoy your treat or even really linger for a moment to take your Instagram photo.
Uh ... work in progress?
And then the final section, milk crates and a dolly.

They have been open a few months ...

Drinks

Menu.
The menu is broken down into 3 sections, all featuring yogurt, as this is a yogurt-only shop, not a general bubble tea venue that has expanded into yogurt drinks.  Multi-grain, Fruit Smoothies, and Yogurt Frappes are your choices.  The first two are blended drinks, and I think both use the same yogurt base, one series just mixes in grains (purple rice, oats) with things like jujube, and the other is fruit based (pineapple, strawberry, passion fruit, etc) and have whipped cream on top.

I asked what the Yogurt Frappes were, and was told they are bowls of frozen yogurt with nuts and fruit toppings (this ... is not a frappe?).  I'm not sure if they use soft or hard serve yogurt, I didn't see a soft serve machine.

No additional list of toppings, or customization to any, but I imagine you could ask?
Mango Yogurt Smoothie.
I was there because I was craving two things: yogurt and mango.  Thus, mango yogurt smoothie it was.  No customization offered (I did ask for less sweet though) and no mix-ins (they don't have boba or anything actually).  It came by default with whipped cream (no cheese foam here).  It was described as "yogurt whipped cream".

It ... was just a smoothie.  A healthy style drink, appropriate for after the gym or something, although I guess it had the whip on top.  Very very blended, smooth, thinner style than others. 

Sweet even though I got less sweet. Very, very little mango flavor.  No mango chunks.  Just ... a smoothie.

The whipped cream on top was yogurt whipped cream, which, when I tried it with the smoothie just tasted like regular whipped cream, but later I had more and it did have some yogurt flavor to it.  It was fine.

Overall, this was clearly not the item for me.  I didn't want a very blended yogurt smoothie - I wanted drinking yogurt, thicker, richer, more interesting, and I wanted to taste mango.

I ended up throwing most of it out and heading elsewhere.
A Yogurt Cow 一隻酸奶牛 Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails