Friday, September 25, 2020

Late July Snacks

Another day, another random snack food to try?  That is what my current working from home life feels like - try all the things!  Which brings us to Late July, a snack maker of slightly higher end, organic, non-GMO, etc, etc snacks.

"Our snacks stand out in a crowded snack aisle, not just because of their delicious taste, but also because of our commitment to sourcing the highest quality organic and non-GMO ingredients. 

We offer a snack for everyone at the table with a variety of gluten-free, vegan, and kosher offerings."
Late July mostly produces chips, a wide range of tortilla chips (all different bases like chia/quinoa, styles like restaurant style or dippers, flavors, whole grains, different shapes, etc) and a few basic flavors of potato chips (bbq, salt & vinegar, sour cream & onion), but they also carry a few kinds of popcorn and crackers.  I've somehow never tried their popcorn, which is kinda shocking given how much I adore popcorn.  I've only tried ... the crackers.  Yup, the crackers.

Crackers

"Our classic crackers were first born in 2003, and while the original recipe stays the same, we now have five delicious flavors. "

Crackers are Late July's first products, and I think I actually had them way back then.  They make 5 kinds of crackers: their version of "Classic Crackers", aka, Ritz style buttery round ones, "Cheddar Cheese Crackers", aka, Cheez-Its, and Saltines (strangely round, that isn't right!), plus two kinds of mini stuffed ones, clearly the most interesting varieties.
Cheddar Cheese Sandwich Crackers (Mini).
"Cheddar cheese sandwich crackers made with real organic cheddar cheese."

These were actually pretty tasty.  The crackers were buttery and reminded me of (tiny) Ritz, and the filling was pleasantly cheesy.  Yes, it was weird cheese "paste", but it had had a nice flavor, and, it was nicely salty.  There was far more cracker than cheese however, so the cheese flavor wasn't quite strong enough for me.  I really wanted "double stuffs", like double stuff Oreos!  I resorted to removing one cracker from each and making my own doubles, or at least eating them open faced, which I really preferred, as I liked to taste the cheese!

They also make these in a peanut butter filled version, which I certainly have tried, and I think liked, but alas, I lost my notes on those.
Cheddar Cheese Crackers (Bite Size).
"Cheddar cheese crackers made with real organic cheddar cheese."

Next up was their version of Cheez-It.  I don't care for Cheez-It but I thought I might like this cheddar flavor since they use legit cheese.

They were ... yeah, Cheez-Its.   Or my memory of them.  I had no interest.

They also make these in a full size.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails