Friday, November 05, 2021

Off The Eaten Path

Ok, I'll admit it.  I was mostly interested in Off The Eaten Path because I thought the name was cute.  That said, I'm an avid snacker, love my munchies, and eat chips alongside my lunch, daily.  While healthy snacks aren't my priority, I consider it a bonus if I can add in some actual nutrients to my snack foods.

"Hello! We're Off The Eaten Path, a snack brand passionate about finding new paths in snacking, starting with super tasty snacks made with ingredients you can feel good about.  Join us for the journey!"

The offerings from Off The Eaten Path feature legumes and veggies, and are all non-GMO, gluten-free, etc.  The main product line is "Veggie Crisps", which are rice, peas, and black bean based, and available in several varieties (original salted, sea salt & black pepper, spicy jalapeƱo).  They also offer one style of veggie puff (cheesy cheddar per the industry standard!), and hummus crisps, plus a version of Veggie Crisps augmented with chickpeas.

Chickpea Veggie Crisps:
Rice, Chickpeas, Peas, Black Beans, & Purple Sweet Potato.

"Now proudly offered in commercially compostable packaging, our Chickpea Veggie Crisps are a deliciously crunchy snack made with real veggies. Packed with chickpeas, black beans, and purple sweet potatoes, our Chickpea Veggie Crisps are gluten-free, Non-GMO Project Verified, and bursting with flavor because we believe in great tasting snacks you can feel good about."

The product I tried was the Chickpea Veggie Crisps, found at Jamba Juice of all places.  For some reason, the bag really jumped out at me.  I mean, really, for chips, they were ... pretty?  I loved the vibrant colors from the purple potato, green peas, and black beans against the rice flour and chickpea base.

The chips were good, for a healthy chip.  They had a nice crunch, a lightness, and plenty of flavor.  Well seasoned with salt.  They weren't the kind of chips you want to eat alongside a sandwich, but rather, I think would work great with a dip of some kind, and they did pair decently with a seasonal salad I had with kale, roasted butternut squash, spiced pumpkin seeds, cherries, etc.

Not a product I'll seek out again, but I enjoyed them when I was wanting something healthier.

***.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails