Monday, July 25, 2022

Dip Me B!tch

60 Morris Street, the cloud kitchen mecca really took off during the pandemic, as you've read about in my other reviews of businesses operating out of there, such as Korean Burger Joint By Aria (great dumplings!), Ramen Kobo WARAKU (fantastic takoyaki!), an offshoot of Amici's East Coast Pizzeria (meh), Basil Cart (ok thai), Ben's Fast Food (ok healthy things) ... and about 80 other businesses, depending on the day (!).  They do mostly delivery, although you can pick up yourself if you aren't intimidated by the location.

Dip Me B!tch is yet another one of those businesses, with a menu focused on, you guessed it dips.  Dips are broken down into 4 categories: hummus (ranging from classic chickpea to black bean), Mexican (pico de gallo, several salsas), yogurt based, or, "Signature" (random ones like red pepper or pepper ranch), each with 3 dips each.  Dips come with your choice of veggie sticks, pita bread, or corn chips, and make up most of the menu, along with burgers topped with dip.  As a dip lover, these at least sounded interesting, so I placed my order online easily, and went to pickup.  and a few others like pesto ranch.

Side note: Doing a lot of takeout and delivery these days? Want to try some free food and new pickup or delivery services?  Here are some codes for free money!

  • Nextdish: ($10 off your first order) [ Delivery only ]
  • Door Dash ($15 off, $5 each of your first 3 orders) [ Delivery or pickup ]
  • Caviar ($20 off, $10 off your first 2 orders) [ Delivery or pickup ]
  • Ritual ($6 off) [ Pickup only ]
  • Delivery.com ($10 off) [ Delivery or pickup ]
  • Grub Hub ($10 off) [ Delivery or pickup ]
  • Seamless ($10 off) [ Delivery or pickup ]
  • Allset ($5 off) [ Pickup only ]
  • Nextdish: ($10 off your first order) [ Delivery only ]
  • Uber Eats ($20 off - use code eats-lejw5 at checkout) [ Pickup or delivery ]
Bean & Onion Hummus w/ Veggie Sticks. $5.
(Dip Me Bitch).
"Homemade bean hummus dip (white beans, caramelized red onions, cinnamon, garlic, lemon, tahini & olive oil.) Contains sesame! (Gluteen-free. Vegan.)"

The first dip I tried was a hummus, an odd order for me since I tend to hate hummus (because, chickpeas!), but in this case, I was drawn in by the caramelized onions and use of white beans rather than chickpeas.

The dip was ... ok?  I bit boring really.  I didn't taste the depth I was expecting from the caramelized onions, and the texture was quite thick.  What I did taste, and surprised me, was the cinnamon.  The top layer was sprinkled with it, plus it was infused throughout.  Tons of cinnamon.  Cinnamon and white bean just didn't go together well for me.

The veggies were extremely lackluster: 3 celery sticks, 3 carrot sticks, all rather dried out.

Meh.

**+.
Carrot Yogurt Dip. $5.
(Dip Me Bitch)
"Homemade roasted carrots dip with garlic, mayo and lebni yogurt."

The next time I decided to try out Dip Me Bitch, I opted for one of the yogurt dips, all made with labne as the base.  I selected the carrot dip, thinking it would be the most versatile, although the eggplant based one sounded fairly unique.

The carrot dip wasn't entirely what I expected.  The aroma upon opening it was strong.  Garlic.  I know it said it had garlic, but, wow, garlic.  And yes, the garlic flavor was strong too.

The dip was also far thicker than I expected.  Somehow I thought it would be more like raita, a thinner style, and this was really quite thick.  Which makes sense, since made with labne, but still, I thought it would be a bit different.  It was loaded with shredded carrot.

Overall, an interesting dip, and one that would go nicely with veggie sticks (I used my own carrot, celery, and cucumber sticks with it), but not something I'd get again.

***.
Pita
(Dip Me Bitch).
For my dipper the time, I opted for the pita, given the lackluster veggies before.  It turned out to be the same pita I had gotten from Ottoman Eats (another 60 Morris business), cut into the same exact triangles.

It is decent pita, but a unique style.  Soft, not stale, good chew.  Likely well suited for the hummus style dips, not quite what I wanted with the yogurt dip.  The included portion was much better than the paltry amount of veggie sticks.

***.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails