Friday, January 12, 2024

Mmmore Raw Treats

When I recently stayed at the brand new W Hotel in Sydney, I got the chance to try out a local brand of healthy products: Mmmore.  Every day at breakfast had a lineup of their raw slices.  

"Good for you, your tum, your bum, and your skeptical mum."

The slices are gluten-free, refined sugar free, and vegan, as is their entire product line.  Mmmore also makes "Power Cubes", fingers, and bars, and nut butters, none of which I have tried.  All are similar products, akin to bliss balls and the like, formed around nuts, coconut, and no added sugars.

Raw Slices

Mmmore makes 8 different flavors, including some awesome sounding ones like mint chocolate, peanut butter, or caramel, but I was only able to try three more simple options.

Mmmore Slices: Coconut, Caramel? or Hazelnut. 
Hazelnut slice
"A rich, powerful raw cacao and hazelnut combo that will make you emotional (the good kind)."

On the left was one labelled as caramel, but, I believe this was the hazelnut (the caramel one has a much lighter main portion, and a coconut biscuit base, and, presumably, tastes like caramel, and this one did not).  What I had was more of a fairly healthy tasting bar, made up of dates, coconut, and nuts (hazelnuts, cashews), with a hint of cocoa.  It was lightly chewy, lightly crunchy from bits of nuts, and although it had healthy vibes, it also tasted a bit decadent, from the intense coconut.  I was glad that I didn't taste dates too strongly, they mostly just provided some natural sweetness and a binding agent.  Considerably better than most healthy date based bars.  It seemed a bit odd to eat for breakfast, but also wasn't a dessert to me, and I'd rather have as a post workout snack perhaps (which, I certainly could have done, had I gone to the gym in the morning instead of just getting up, rolling out of bed, and going to feast).  

An interesting product, but I don't think I'd get it again.  ***+.  My favorite of the three I tried.

Coconut slice
"Lush coconut filling with raw choc top and chewy almond base. Best eaten in secret on tropical island."

Next up, coconut.  It was pretty obvious which one this was, as it it is the only blonde item they make, and was coated in extra coconut.  This one had an even simpler ingredient list: the same coconut, dates, coconut oil, and cocoa powder as the previous, and just some almonds to help form the base, and additional brown rice syrup to add more sweetness.

It basically tasted like coconut.  Slightly chewy.  A tiny bit of a nutty taste.  But mostly, like coconut, like a macaroon.  I really wanted to dip it in chocolate.  Fine, but, just coconut really.  Low ***.  My least favorite.
Raw Raspberry Slice.
"Pink coconut dream. Dreamy coconut whip with tangy raspberry ripple. Low in fructose. High in love."

My last day a pretty pink one showed up, so I obviously grabbed it.  This turned out to be raspberry, with a description that seemed a bit far fetched (coconut whip?  Nope, its a solid bar ...).  It had a base of almonds, coconut, and brown rice syrup like the previous, and a body of more coconut, raspberries, and dates.

The base of this was basically the same as the coconut slice, lightly chewy, lightly nutty, a bit too healthy tasting for me.  The top was much the same too, it tasted strongly of coconut and little else, although it had a mild fruitiness to it.  I liked this one slightly more than the plain coconut, but the raspberry was pretty muted.  ***.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails