Friday, February 02, 2024

The Natural Chip Co

"The Natural Chip Co".  Now, I don't know about you, but, "natural" is not the first word the comes to mind when it comes to chips.  That said, I don't really care what ridiculous name a company has, if they make interesting products.

As you may have guessed, The Natural Chip Co makes, well, chips.  They have a sibling company, The Natural Cracker Co, that makes, you guessed it, crackers.  They are both Australian companies.  I think I discovered on board a flight, when bags of the chips were in the snack basket.  I also did see them in some grocery stores around Sydney 

"Great tasting Aussie chips made with only real ingredients and packed full of real flavour. We use absolutely nothing artificial - no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives - just all-natural ingredients, gluten free, with the tastiest natural seasonings."

Like most Australian chip brands, the flavors of chips offered are quite different from what we have in the United States, besides the basic sea salt or salt & vinegar varieties.  As a lover of interesting flavors and snacks I was eager to try them.
Honey Soy Chicken.
"Blending subtle soy sauce notes with the sweet honey."

I went right for the most unique for my US palette: the honey soy chicken. 

I like the form factor of these chips.  A bit thick, nicely wavy.  A chip that eats well.

The flavor is ... interesting.  Very savory and complex, a bit hard to pinpoint.  I do taste the soy, and a slight sweetness I guess from honey.  Do they taste like chicken?  Well, not really, but there is definitely more going on.  I'd call these an interesting flavor, not one I necessarily like or dislike.  I don't see myself craving them, but I wouldn't pass on them if they were around.  ***+.

Side note: These really do have "chicken powder" as an ingredient, which somewhat scares me, but also is a bit fascinating.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails