Churros. Definitely not something I seek out, or even get remotely excited about when I encounter them. But when there is an event in my office with "famous" churros, of course I had to try them.
Said churros came from El Churro, which serves, um, yes, churros. They also serve drinks (coffee, hot chocolate, etc) and have sauces or ice cream to have alongside your churro. But that's literally it, they are a churro shop, plus things to dunk them in. I went into the event thinking I'd try the dips and be happy enough with that, but actually, the churros were better than expected, and definitely better than most of the mediocre dips.
 |
| Churros. |
Churros themselves come in several varieties besides the standard sugar/cinnamon. You can get them with "truffle essence" added if you are feeling, uh, fancy, or you can get them with Flamin' Hot ranch flavor infused within. They also make a corn based churro.
We had the standard ones. And although I'm not one to get excited about churros, these really were quite good. They were crispy yet soft inside, they had soo much sugar coating, and the base flavor was quite good. Far above average for churros, perhaps actually the best I've ever had. 4/5.
Churros are $5 for 10, or $40 for 40, as we had.
 |
| Dips. $4 each. |
They make 12 different dips to go with the churros, mostly sweet, although I'm quite curious about the JalapeƱo Agave Dip. Our event hosts picked 6 of the sauces, so I got to try half of the offerings.
Sadly they didn't pick the marshmallow fluff, the lemon cheesecake, the honey lavender, or the aforementioned jalapeno one, but otherwise, I was happy with their choices, although most were just kinda average and not special (and two were actively bad).
These are all $4/cup, no discount for multiples, and no smaller portions available.
 |
| Ube The Top Dip. |
"Purple-hued ube dip served in a small cup."
This was the one I was most excited for, I have an ube label on my blog after all, but it was only ok. It was very sweet, which is fine, but it was mostly just a sweet flavor, hard to taste anything ube-like, although it was clearly purple. It just didn't seem made with real ube, and didn't seem very high quality. 2.5/5.  |
| Matcha White Chocolate. |
This one drew me in for the white chocolate, but alas, it was very, very bitter. Had a strange aftertaste. Did not like 1/5.
 |
| Dunkaroos. |
"A creamy sweet dip featuring multicolored sprinkles served in a single-serving paper cup."
Ok, this one was amazing. Sweet, creamy, filled with sprinkles. I loved it. Not necessarily even as a churro dip, just delightful to eat by the spoonful. Light a smoother birthday buttercream. Yum. 4/5.
 |
| Dulce de Leche. |
This was exactly what you'd expect. Thick, sweet, rich, standard. Hard to dip exactly, but it was fine dulce de leche. 3/5.
 |
| Vanilla (Vegan) |
This one really did not look appealing, but I tried it anyway. It was as awful as it looked. Sooo goopy. It tasted like chemicals. Not like vanilla. Just, gloopy chemicals. Nothing redeeming about this. It was also vegan, I think the only sauce that was, and it seems like a very poor choice for making something vegan. 0/5.
 |
| Dark Chocolate. |
This was strangely very thin. Very very runny. Flavor was ok, but it was just so thin. Low 3/5.
They also make a milk chocolate version that we did not have.
0 comments:
Post a Comment